Frags for swap!

I have several others in my two other tanks that I could frag.....I do have a red one in my 28 that I picked up at the Nashville swap that might be a little more rare. I will try to get a pic for you.

I have probably six or so in my 75. I have never fragged a zoa so I am not sure about them, but if you were really excited about one I could consider giving it a try...

you have some pics of some of your dups that are available? what else do you have? Once again I have a couple of dup corals in my other tanks and will get some pics.

I have an 8 head hammer i need to get rid of? Wouldnt mind those zoas on the right next to the bright green centers (radioactive dragon eyes) LMK

i'll get pictures soon. i just reaquascaped and am working early tomorrow. I have a couple 2-3 head frags of neon green candycane and also some kedd red zoas and some other stuff. will post pics, i promise.

Its a standard hammer, it is not real happy where it is in my new tank (too much flow). It will open up a lot more under better conditions.

jasealligator021.jpg

Jabo: Are you referring to pic # 1 or #3? I like the hammers so we probably can do a deal here. You mentioned the zoa's next to the bright green centers (is that their name radioactive dragon eyes)? They are both little colonies with a few different varities, so either one would come with what you see. How do you count the "heads" on a hammer coral? How many "heads" would I get in the deal? I see you are in MO, when r u coming this way again? LMK Kerry

I have a couple of other items from my 75 that I will try to get pics up early....dshumake I think I have kedd reds, but would be interested in the neon green candycane. I will look up the kedd reds and/or post a pic to see if that is what I have.....just looked it up, no I don't think the ones I have are those...will put up pic

Looks like eagle eyes to me. They are very common and one of the first I bought from Memfish. It was a $15 frag and now i have several hundred and have given away about as many. In my limited experience, the more expensive or rare, the slower they grow. I bought 2 polyps of blue hornets last year for $100 (stupid i know) and it has produced about 12 polyps in a year.

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=15

Here is my guide!!

In the first pic you had a few red zoas with a green or white center....Those are what i was wanting and any rics you dont need?

Hammers "branch off" into heads i guess is the best way to explain it (again I am no pro). I will trade you all eight heads or if you dont have room I have a 5 head as well. i will bring a green monti cap sps you can try as well. A nice gentleman who I bought my first tank from gave me a chunk and it grows well.

Sorry for the long post in the traders forum!!

thanks for the reference...I think I saw something similiar, but if I remember it was pretty overwhelming as there were so many varities. I will put the ones in the first pic aside for you. I will be happy to tke the 8 heads.

I have a couple of rics from the bottom left hand corner that are a good size and ready to go....not sure what color they are..got them from Memfish as well...a bit pricey but I couldn't resist....kinda of a blue-ish grey? The orange ones above them are my favorite and have split, but not ready to seperate them just yet. I have some really nice ones in my 28, but they are all several months away from splitting...I see you have some other zoa's in another thread...I would be happy to trade you a couple of these rics....

I am not sure I am ready for SPS as I hear they are a lot of trouble..but I am open to try anything, especially when it is free...thx

This should give you an idea of what I have. I know the pictures are crap and most all my corals are small. I did a major tank overhaul and am still working out the kinks. But I got lots of aptasia if anyone wants some :)
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

In that very first picture, on the left hand side is a green turbinaria. That is the daughter of my main coral that I donated to the St Jude Tank in the Chili's Care Center. In another picture (9th one down) is a daughter of that one that I can part with if anyones interested.

yeah I had a couple of those apitasia sneak in my main tank and I used Apitasia X and it took both of them out...easy to use and haven't seen anything new since 2010. Since you have so many you may want to try a couple of those Bergia Nudibranch or peppermint shrimp if you want to go the natural way.

You also might want to quarantine some of those corals in another tank as it looks to have byropsis pennata growing on them. I had two new frags come in and I noticed something growing between the polyps after several weeks (I now have a frag/quarantine tank). After a lot of reading I concluded it was byropsis. It is a real pain to get rid of and before I knocked it out, it spread to some nearby rocks and I thought I was doomed. Added the phosphate absorbers and doubled my efforts to make sure the skimmer was operating at maximum capacity. Changed water every weekend and painstakingly picked it out (some say this is bad). I won the battle and lived to see another day. You do not want to have it spread to the rest of your tank.

Rudolph, were you going to get any coral from me? I'm about to get out and about and wanted to start bagging it all up. I know you were interested in the candycane. were there any others? I'll be heading to Memfish before too long. Meeting jabo at 1PM there.

Jabo, you know when you will be in town next? If you have any hammers left I'd like a piece. The one I got in STL at the swap my brother was holding for me til I got my 40 going, something in his tank must have really got ahold of it. It literally came right out of the skeleton. Weird, he doesn't even know what happened either.

Back