Free SPS or Zoa Frag Pack at F.R.A.G

I did list the fish on my post above :)

Mostly anthias and cardinals. I only have two large fish (the black tang and the swallowtail angel).

SPS are doing great b/c I feed often. Water quality is kept in check b/c I do 30% weekly water changes now. It's amazing what you can get away with by doing frequent water changes with a reliable salt mix! I actually don't think I've really even hit the limit on the bioload I can carry with my tank. It's really not a water quality issue, but more making sure that all the fish have a safe place to retire for the night without having to sleep on top of each other!

I didn't even check to see if somebody guessed 46, I just assumed 0-50 were taken. :)

I thought I saw a thread in the last day or two where you were acquiring a nice wrasse. Does that make 47?

That is a lot of fish for a 140g. How do you keep no3 and phos down? I really like those purple queens, I thought those are really tough to keep, aggressive with anthias?

That is a lot of fish for a 140g. How do you keep no3 and phos down? I really like those purple queens, I thought those are really tough to keep, aggressive with anthias?

+1 on the last post

I do a lot of water changes. I try to get a 100% turnover each month. I run bags of carbon, GFO, and biopellets all passively. I got rid of all of my reactors since it was such a pain to change out all that media. With bags, I'm much better with changing them out. I have not noticed a difference from going from reactors to media bags.

I also skim wet.

I don't even test for phosphate or nitrates anymore. I just monitor SPS colors and algae growth and take it from there.

As far as purple queens go, they are my favorite fish of all time and I would not be in this hobby if I did not have the dream of one day having a tank full of them. I've been patient with trying to acquire them. I did not acquire this last batch until I knew I had a proper feeding regimen to support them. I also knew I had to wait for healthy specimens. It took me three rounds just to acquire the 7 I have, b/c they are not always available and not always healthy. The male I acquired in February. I acquired 2 more females in April (I think), and the last 4 in early October. Happy to report that I have not had a single casualty!

Since this last "game", I picked up another bellus angel and 3 sunset anthias that I just love! Such a gorgeous yellow, orange color.

Here a pic of the left side of my tank :

Shirley, your tank should be TOTM at least one of the upcoming months. So amazing!!!! I love that photo of the left side of your tank. Thank you for sharing....especially the fish list. All so colorful and peaceful. WOW!!!

Larry

Back