FS and moving out of state

dodgerblew

Team RC
After contemplating for a year and a half my wife and I have had enough of California. We sold our home and bought a new house in Texas. Our tentative move out date is 5/1. I have a few things left from my tank tear down that might interest some of you.

I have a Vertex Puratek RODI 90gpd unit and I modified it with the additions of a Spectrapure single stage with a tds meter for initial sediment filtration and another Spectrapure double DI unit with tds. At the time I stopped the tank all the inserts were very new, maybe used a half dozen times. All filters are Spectrapure. I had it set up with:
Stage 1- .5 micron sediment filter
S 2- ZetaZorb .2 micron sediment
S 3- carbon block
S 4- ChlorPlus chloramine
S 5- Spectrapure 99% rejection RO membrane
S 6& S 7- dual DI

I will also throw in an extra sediment, carbon block and di filter. Only issue this unit had was the tds meter on the vertex was not working properly but the other two tds meters front and backside work great. I also added a flow valve. I want to sell this as an entire unit and not in pieces. I think I’m giving a great price at $200. Lowballers will be ignored. NO DELIVERY

BOLO - I will be posting some other things as well like GHL Doser, acclimation box and various other things in separate thread

Congrats on the move, Rik! Where in Texas are you moving to?

Wish I could afford the RODI system. GLWS!

Best of luck in TX! Be sure to cheer on our boys in blue when they visit and boo those Astros if you go to any of their games 😜

My wife works for Lockheed in Fort Worth. It’s southwest of there and about a 45 minute commute. Granbury is more of a weekend spot and a lake community where the metroplex people buy second/weekend homes. We like that.

FS and moving out of state

Congratulations on escaping Rik You have been a staple in the community for the last 15 years and one of the only old schoolers we will miss youCalifornia

Rik!! Congratulations! That's a huge move, but I know you're all up for it and will settle in right away. I hope to see a new tank in your future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on escaping Rik You have been a staple in the community for the last 15 years and one of the only old schoolers we will miss youCalifornia
appreciate the kind words and all you’ve done for me and taught me over the years Charles

Rik!! Congratulations! That’s a huge move, but I know you’re all up for it and will settle in right away. I hope to see a new tank in your future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks Art. I don’t know if I’ll do another reef tank. I thought about a fowlr but I know corals are my crack and I’d go right back. I also thought about a koi pond when we build the pool at the new house.

Congrats on the move, I am trying to leave as well.
where are you thinking of going?

Dang, why is everyone leaving Cali? I know the taxes and real estate prices suck here but the weather is way better than Texas. Lots of my buddies are heading to either Vegas or Texas. That Texas heat is no joke! But they do have us beat in the BBQ game.

Congrats Rik, very exciting. My wife has asked to go to Texas for a long time. Her family is in Corpus, and I refuse to go there. She wants Austin, but it's getting near CA in expenses. Houses are selling for so much here! We won't be here forever, will probably look at leaving CA after my son gets out of HS and into college. The taxes here are awful, and business are bailing left and right. This state is in a tailspin. The only thing good in CA is the weather. Jobs still pretty good also, but with Covid, more and more people are able to do their jobs from anywhere.

Best of luck Rik, hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Rik,

Congrats! You've been in Cali for the better part of the last two decades so this is definitely a big milestone for you and your wife. While I've never visited Texas but had layovers, I know it's a land of nice people, great BBQ, and cool reefers. Just make sure you find a good electric provider so you don't lose power to your new tanks. ;) Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll still check in this forum every so often.

p.s. Wouldn't mind a torch if you're still selling heads of that one you posted a couple months back!

Best,
James

Back