FS and moving out of state

That's a super nice RODI system.

I lived in Texas for a few years, I think you'll like it. Gonna miss you around here. KIT you got my number.

My wife works for Lockheed in Fort Worth. It's southwest of there and about a 45 minute commute. Granbury is more of a weekend spot and a lake community where the metroplex people buy second/weekend homes. We like that.

BTW... Got your PM but my mailbox is jammed up. Thanks for the offer but I have to pass for now. Been spending a lot of money lately on non-essentials lately and need to slow down.

wow, the time has finally come, hasn't it? make sure you post your new tank thread here in the socal forum when you get everything up and running. I'm sure their section of RC's not as cool as us! ;)

Dang, why is everyone leaving Cali? I know the taxes and real estate prices suck here but the weather is way better than Texas. Lots of my buddies are heading to either Vegas or Texas. That Texas heat is no joke! But they do have us beat in the BBQ game.
One word my friend, POLITICS! I built a business that afforded me the American dream, home ownership. I raised 4 kids, some with higher education, some went different direction but all doing well and successful. Thanks to political games and decisions (I'll leave it at that) my once profitable business is basically gone. 26 yrs to build and 10 months to destroy. I'm now semi-retired and I didn't even have a say. As for weather, I'll deal with the heat. I made enough on my home to build a pool, outdoor kitchen, koi pond and pay cash with no state tax lower sales tax, my property taxes are $50 monthly more, cost of living is 25% less than here and I bought a brand new 2600 sf home on a 1/4 acre two streets from the lake for 365k. This my friend is a nice reset. I love the State of California. What I don't love is the state of the State of California. It isn't worth the weather for me
Congrats Rik, very exciting. My wife has asked to go to Texas for a long time. Her family is in Corpus, and I refuse to go there. She wants Austin, but it's getting near CA in expenses. Houses are selling for so much here! We won't be here forever, will probably look at leaving CA after my son gets out of HS and into college. The taxes here are awful, and business are bailing left and right. This state is in a tailspin. The only thing good in CA is the weather. Jobs still pretty good also, but with Covid, more and more people are able to do their jobs from anywhere.

Best of luck Rik, hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Thank you. You're right. The state is circling the drain. Thank you Newsollini

Best of luck to you!
Thank you

Rik,

Congrats! You've been in Cali for the better part of the last two decades so this is definitely a big milestone for you and your wife. While I've never visited Texas but had layovers, I know it's a land of nice people, great BBQ, and cool reefers. Just make sure you find a good electric provider so you don't lose power to your new tanks. ;) Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll still check in this forum every so often.

p.s. Wouldn't mind a torch if you're still selling heads of that one you posted a couple months back!

Best,
James
my tank has been broken down for a while now James. I've been in Ca for 6 decades!

Congrats and good luck to you. Hopefully you'll still lurk the RC SoCal forum.
Thanks Mike. I always will!

That's a super nice RODI system.

I lived in Texas for a few years, I think you'll like it. Gonna miss you around here. KIT you got my number.
you Darrell as some others will always be friends of mine. Your number is in my contacts!

BTW... Got your PM but my mailbox is jammed up. Thanks for the offer but I have to pass for now. Been spending a lot of money lately on non-essentials lately and need to slow down.
no worries

wow, the time has finally come, hasn't it? make sure you post your new tank thread here in the socal forum when you get everything up and running. I'm sure their section of RC's not as cool as us! ;)
yup, it has. No reefers are as cool as SoCal reefers except for the ones with wet pockets :lol: Take care of that husband of yours and his soon to be suckerfish empire. Love ya Tri!

Congratulations.
We left CA for Idaho for reasons very similar to yours.
Sold our home of 38 years and paid cash with a lot leftover.
Heat isn't an issue here.
I'm retired but I might take a part time job if something knocks really, really hard. lol

Good for you Riff. Our daughter lives up in Priest River, ID. That was our first choice but unfortunately work not easy to come by.

I am born and raised in Ca. I am retiring and I want to go east my friend, Az. or past Vegas so I can go to Utah and the state parks, I want to travel, I thought about keeping my house and getting another. I have family in Texas, but I want the ability to drive back if I want to. Some external forces might make that impossible. So it is all up in the air, the wife doesn't want to go, same old song.
Congrats on your choice of Texas, sounds like a real nice place you picked out. Maybe you could go to Houston and watch your beloved world series winners the Dodgers.

My bother gets great seats at the Cowboys game, nice sports state, and great BBQ, I cannot wait to go and do a eatvaction with all the BBQ joints.

Rik,
I am shocked to see this but I do so understand. Congratulations to you and the family. I wish you the best going forward. I am glad we crossed paths. Going to miss meeting up with you at the baseball games for sure. Texas is the 3rd largest state for the aquarium hobby if you decide to get your hands wet again.

Rik,
I am shocked to see this but I do so understand. Congratulations to you and the family. I wish you the best going forward. I am glad we crossed paths. Going to miss meeting up with you at the baseball games for sure. Texas is the 3rd largest state for the aquarium hobby if you decide to get your hands wet again.
Love ya brother.

Good luck partner.
Thank you Cody
Even though [MENTION=82317]wishntoboutside[/MENTION] is a Giant's fan? lol..
Yes I do. I love my neighbor :)

Don’t forget that either lol. We win rings ! Not revised tournaments. It’s going to be an interesting year and hopefully they will let us in to watch.
Funny Richard. Exactly what I said about my Dodgers. They didn’t win the WS they won the MLB tournament. Your “we win rings” comment is even funnier. You’ve won 3 WS in 68 years you homer :lol: The Dodgers have been to 11 WS since coming to LA and that’s not counting last year

RiK.
The dodgers have been a good team for years. being a giants fan and living down here is a little tough at times. One finds out more information about other teams then their own when you out of their market. you will soon find this out. Giants are still rebuilding but they just don't the money like the dodgers do. I was really surprised to see the Padres spend a lot of money in the last few years. We will see if you guys stay as strong as you did lose a few players and gained another pitcher. you still have the Kershaw clause not knowing if he is going to do well or fall to pieces at the end of the season. I am not going to start calling you Ranger blue as of yet that may take another year or two.

rik.
The dodgers have been a good team for years. Being a giants fan and living down here is a little tough at times. One finds out more information about other teams then their own when you out of their market. You will soon find this out. Giants are still rebuilding but they just don't the money like the dodgers do. I was really surprised to see the padres spend a lot of money in the last few years. We will see if you guys stay as strong as you did lose a few players and gained another pitcher. You still have the kershaw clause not knowing if he is going to do well or fall to pieces at the end of the season. I am not going to start calling you ranger blue as of yet that may take another year or two.
never!

Who where

Who where

Houston is in the American League as are the Texas Rangers who play an hour away in Arlington

Yeah, sorry I am not a baseball fan so I do not know the intricacies of who plays whom and when, but I did see the game at Anaheim Stadium where the Angels almost went to the world series, you could feel the soul leaving the stadium when the coach pulled the pitcher in the 9th.:headwalls::headwalls::headwally::angryfire:

Back