FS: Fine Spot Fairy Wrasse

Thurge

I am selling my Fine Spot Fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus punctatus). I have had this fish for probably about 4 months. He is eating very well and gets along with the other Fairy wrasses I have (African Exquisit, and Solerinsis). He some how made it into the overflow on Saturday night and I want to sell him so I can get a pair of wrasses with a very similar color pattern. I don't have any pictuers of him but he looks very similar to the one pictured. The coloration is the same in mine just its all over darker.
$55 OBO
Cipun_u1.jpg

I have had it like 4 months of so.
Kuiter puts it at 11cm and Michael 13cm. I have actually seen one that was a good 6 inches. Mine is only a little over 3 inches or so.

I'm not quite sure which way you are going with this so I will try and answer it both ways.
All of the fish in he same Genus as the 6-line are a bit too aggressive with Fairy wrasses and seem to take great joy in harassing Fairys even when the 6-line is considerably smaller.
There is a bit of an art to mixing Fairy wrasses. You can have two "yellow" Fairy males as long as they are different sizes. You can even have two males of the same species as long as there is a good size difference. Its a competition thing. In the wild Fairys form Hariems and one Sultan doesn't like another Sultan musceling in on his ladies.

Lin, how do you plan on catchiing your sixline? I want to get rid of mine as well. Also, without a sixline, what is the best way to control pyramid snails? Thanks.

Cliff

Cliff, I have two yellow Coris Wrasses to control pyramids. I got them on a recommendation from CoReefer.

My 6-line has a rock that he gos in at night I was thinking that I would plug the hole that me is in at knight and take the rock out with him in it and mach the temp in Kendras little 20g tank and then put the rock in her tank or put water from the reef tank in the 20 that way all is the same as fare as the water condishen's go that's what I was thinking I did it with a greenfox one time and it worked good. If that don't work I will take out the rock's they are coming out eney way's to go in my kid's 40g reef and I will put the 6-line in her tank that where I wanted him to start with. That's all I know to do or put a trap in the tank and hope he go's in.

Last edited:
Sorry Smokey, not a new word;

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English cniht man-at-arms, boy, servant; akin to Old High German kneht youth, military follower
1 a (1) : a mounted man-at-arms serving a feudal superior; especially : a man ceremonially inducted into special military rank usually after completing service as page and squire (2) : a man honored by a sovereign for merit and in Great Britain ranking below a baronet (3) : a person of antiquity equal to a knight in rank b : a man devoted to the service of a lady as her attendant or champion c : a member of an order or society
2 : either of two pieces of each color in a set of chessmen having the power to make an L-shaped move of two squares in one row and one square in a perpendicular row over squares that may be occupied

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9870766#post9870766 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by murfman
Sorry Smokey, not a new word;

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English cniht man-at-arms, boy, servant; akin to Old High German kneht youth, military follower
1 a (1) : a mounted man-at-arms serving a feudal superior; especially : a man ceremonially inducted into special military rank usually after completing service as page and squire (2) : a man honored by a sovereign for merit and in Great Britain ranking below a baronet (3) : a person of antiquity equal to a knight in rank b : a man devoted to the service of a lady as her attendant or champion c : a member of an order or society
2 : either of two pieces of each color in a set of chessmen having the power to make an L-shaped move of two squares in one row and one square in a perpendicular row over squares that may be occupied
What!!! are you saying

all I did was cut and paste from websters online the definition of Knight.

Google is your friend!!!!

Back