FS: Red Planet Colony

Mangodude

The Clown Tang Keeper!
This guy isn't happy and has started to shed some skin, not sure why because everyone else is fine including the other redplanet frag I have in there..

I'm going to keep a frag or two of the colony but the rest is yours. $65 for about a 5x5. Came from Anthony's tank (Bigt). No pests at all. The coral is all red right now. I just don't want to watch it die. Was gonna be my show piece but not if it acts like this :headwallblue:

I'll be around tomorrow morning and maybe tomorrow late, then again on monday night.

text me or call me 813-716-8047

Mine started doing the same, started dosing iron and its coming back now, polyps are bright green, my theory is that having to much macro algea sucks up too much minerals for good coral health. Best of luck though

Mine started doing the same, started dosing iron and its coming back now, polyps are bright green, my theory is that having to much macro algea sucks up too much minerals for good coral health. Best of luck though

Thats really interesting.. I run the system completely off of a large fuge for filtration so that might explain it..

I dont have any iron around but ive got bottles of Trace elements if you think that would help?

Don't think there same sorry, I would consider testing for iron before dosing, I have the test if you want to borrow it, test takes 15-20min to do Lol

Last edited:
Just a little info on iron 9 out of 10 people who test for iron for the first time have 0 in there system. I dose iron to keep my greens green along with iodine. Careful to much of either turns ALL your sps green.. I have seen this first hand. Dosing iron is like feeding your macro algae as well. If your having RTN spots on your r planet check your phosphates a spike will cause this quickly and only on certain sps. Also is this happening at the base or on the tips?

Thanks for the tips mrharvard! I'll try to find some way of dosing iron then.. I've already got some iodine on hand. What brand do you use?

And from the base

I broke the piece away from the section that was dying and it seems to be doing ok.. I'm going to give it another day..

I currently use all brightwell products. I hand dose bothe the iodine and the iron. Like I said be careful with the iodine I only dose 1/2 ml (12 drops) once a week. The iron I dose around 10ml a week. I wouldn't dose either without a test for them though. Hope this helps!

GFO releases about 10 times the iron that is found in NSW. Are you using GFO?

Nope, no gfo at the time. Not for a few months.. Funny I was going to add some this week but now that you said that I'll be reconsidering!

To everyone interested, the piece is holding its own now and I'm going to hang on to it for a while longer, if it goes back to dieing I'll contact those who pm'd/texted me again :)

Back