FS: Spotted Puffer

Reefpilot11

So the girlfriend wanted a spotted puffer for the new tank, well that didn't go well. No less that a minute into the tank it bit into her utter chaos. So with that said he is up for grabs, $20. He is about 2" cool little fish just not reef safe.

If she likes puffers, i highly recommend a porcupine puffer. Not only do they have cute googly eyes (my gf's favorite part about him) but i have him housed with hammers, frogspawn, octospawn, 3 headed torch, eagle eye zoas and captain america palys. He hasnt bothered a single coral or other fish in the tank. Had him for 3 years and had corals in the tank for 1.5 years now.

All puffers are labeled non reef safe as they will eat crabs, snails and hermits. The porcupine puffer is probably the tamest puffer ive seen. Is it still a shot in the dark? Possibly, but ive seen them in tanks with corals on multiple occasions. But like snake said, do some reading first. One thing i cannot have in my tank with the puffer is a clean up crew because they are food to him

Ya mine has no interest in the corals at all. Even when krill or mysis fall on my hammer or frogspawn he will eat the krill or mysis off the coral without nipping the coral. As far as finding a small one marine warehouse in tampa has baby porcupine puffers in stock quite often. Mine is still small and ive had him for 3 years now. And sorry for messing your for sale thread up.

Back