Capt_Cully

Just messing around.....

001-6.jpg

005-9.jpg

002-5.jpg

006-9.jpg

003-9.jpg

007-9.jpg

i like pic 5 and 6.wich one would you say is the closest to real thing ?how old is your tank i forget.man love them stags!!

I like the second shots in each pair of the series.

And remind me to punch you in the stomach the next time I see you for griping about being bored. :rolleyes:

Just messin' with ya, bud. Tank's looking phenomenal, as always. Have you made any decisions on your reefing journey?

I did just do a major cleaning, but these pix are making a 2 at 10 look like a 10 at 2. 2nd pix are closer in coloration I think. Theres' definitely trouble brewing in there. I've had a lot of trouble with LPS lately. Watching my Todd's like a hawk.

Absolutely gorgeous tank Cully. I could sit and stare at that for hours.

I'm assuming you run carbon. Could the LPS be hungry?

TOTM is cursed!!!! Thanks for the sentiments though.

Seriously though, I've had constant fluctuation in parameters. Keeping up has been exhausting. Now the latest has been some LPS loss. A torch, my blue hydno has taken a beating, some blastos, and of course my scoly (RIP). Not sure what's going on, but I'm working on it. Not gonna get into posting params et al. I'll figure it out in time for the next crisis I'm sure. I'll post some not so flattering shots tomorrow.

Until then......

Thanks again. And Scott, I could use a good *** kicking, I'll be very honest with ya.

Hi Cully , your tank is absolutely amazing!

Did you happen to record the camera settings for each of the pictures? ( especially for the second pic of each pair)

Waffleman

Do they even DO TOTM anymore?? Sheesh, it's the 12th and not seeing too much progress as the current TOTM looks the same as MAY 12th...

But yeah, I said Cullys tank should be TOTM in his LAST thread... TOTM's aren't curse anymore. Gary's doing good!

Have you done any renovations to your house latly? I am building a fish room and its right next to the tank. When we tore out the old drywall, I lost about half of my LPS. After some quick water changes, and some tlc in a hospital tank, what was left was looking good. When we installed the new drywall I lost what was left. I'm fairly sure that there is something in the dust that is very bad for out tanks. It only seemed to be the LPS that was effected, others looked a little ticked off for a day or two after both times but the LPS just went away.

i'm sure it's a result of Ca and Alk fluctuation. perhaps it's time for a larger Ca reactor. Again thanks for the compliments, but this TOTM is coyote ugly in the a.m. I promise you. I'll get the camera out in a few.

Canon SD 800, various settings used here.

I've got lots of good stuff in here, but I've also had a lot of carnage lately, particularly LPS. It is what it is. I try to stay on top of things, but I'm busy like everyone else, and my tank's got problems like most people's do. I'm afraid a TOTM shoot would include these black eyes:

red velvet aglae on this table with a few dead tips

003-10.jpg

abused pachyseris

004-8.jpg

faded and fading superman monti

005-10.jpg

cyano in various spots (zoos seem pretty happy overall) probably not a good thing for my SPS...

006-10.jpg

scoly skeleton, blastos on the way out

008-11.jpg

my wall torch I LOVED, but couldn't hang on....

009-8.jpg

various SPS that just isn't happy...

010-9.jpg

spongodes that could live in a toilet and is struggling in my tank

011-7.jpg

another not so hot spot (I've been trying to kill that cali tort for like 4 years and despite my better efforts, it pulls thru)

012-5.jpg

the ugly underbelly of my orange cap

013-5.jpg

a barely orange, orange digi

015-5.jpg

what's left of my once Kick A$$ blue hydno

014-7.jpg

If you ***** me do I not bleed!!! I AM NOT AN AMIMAL!!!!!!

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go burry my clothes and cry in the shower....

hey- beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This aquarium is still kick-arse TOTM material. Your aquarium is LOADED with home grown corals. So a few corals have some issues.... what did you expect?

HANG IN THERE!

what is the camera setting difference in each series of shots that open this thread? (assuming it's not simply post photo shoot color processing or lightbulb switching)

Back