Fuzzy clear algae?

3 days lights out skimmer on full blast and water changes! And if u can get a clean up crew they eat alot of stuff.. dwarf crabs (red leg). And try to remove some of te stuff ur self . But make sure u do water changes (1) skimmer working properly (2) and clean up crew and i am sure u now it's not going to happen over night fight it . And a gfo is rowaphos try that in a reactor aswell

Do you have this algae and did this solve the problem or are you just speaking in generalities?

I got this problem 2 months ago after switching from 250watt DE HQI to PM T5's. Before the switch I had a problem with Red Slime that I never took care of and went away after the switch but then this clear fuzzy algae appeared. I think that the two are related so I'm going to try red slime remover that I bought and never used to see if it helps. My reason for not using it before is because it requires you to adjust your skimmer and I hate adjusting my skimmer once it set.

It says to repeat after 48 hours if necessary so I will update in 48 hours.

Those red slime removers quite honestly don't work those just put a "bandage" to ur problem ..it will get rid of some but if will eventually grow back did u check your p04 level? Or ur lighting periods can be 2 long.

I believe that it is being caused by nitrogen limitation. Don't do anything drastic because it is pretty harmless, just ugly. Add some more animals, fish and CUC. I have been battling this for way too long, so I do have some experience sadly not positive thou. I am going to do what I am recommending to you all so you could just wait and see what I find too. Stupid fuzz anyway.

Finally got rid of most of mine by turning the lights off for 3 days and keeping the fuge lights on. I harvested a lot of chaeto since then.

I am curious about an update as well, since I too have noticed this stuff growing on my rocks. I noticed it a month or so ago, pretty much on most rock surfaces. I'm running BRS GFO and chemi pure in my sump. Nitrates and PO4 are undetectable. Any updates would be appreciated and hopefully helpful!

Mike

Back