Gate Valve Mod-ASM G3

yah, but what exactly is a gate valve? i dont want to buy their mod kit for over $40 if i can just go to lowes here and get a ball valve

A gate4 valve is similar to a ball valve, but it has a knob yu turn (like an outside spicket on the side of your house). I fine tunes much better than a ball valve.

Google gate valve and you should get a photo of one. I got mine at True Value for about $8.00.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6497339#post6497339 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dmbnpj
Do I need a 1.1/4" gate valve for this mod?

I believe your correct. I used a 1 1/4" on my G2 and the mod kit from ASMSkimmer.com states their kit fits G1x/G2/G3 skimmers

you do not have to buy the mod from asm skimmer.com they have a picture with exactly what you will need. They tell you what length each piece will need to be and how many elbows you need. It is a very good visual reference to what you need and then go elsewhere and buy parts.

They dont exactly say you need an 1.1/4" gate valve. Im assuming it is but I wanted to make sure. I have one on order so I will update this thread once it arrives to see if it works.

Back