General Progress - Photos

I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Here you go. Before and after pictures. What a hassle to get it fastened to the wall, but finally got it done. More light, more spillage, but a familiar glow (from past VHO experience). Don't mind the cords all over, still need to tidy them up a bit.

07F5EF8E-88E0-4C0E-9374-679D56CD4E8A_1_201_a.jpeg

454E996A-A67D-4716-B27E-C9A52134E54B_1_201_a.jpeg

Hey, I used to have VHO back in the day too! My boss would set up reef tanks with metal halide with supplemental actinic VHO. That actually worked well.

So far yes, brings back the nice glow of fluorescent through the tank. It's bigger but it's just light that falls into the tank at the end of the day. The holes in the wall will suck to deal with when I eventually take it down.

So far yes, brings back the nice glow of fluorescent through the tank. It's bigger but it's just light that falls into the tank at the end of the day. The holes in the wall will suck to deal with when I eventually take it down.
I see bigger tank coming...

No, I had my bigger tank years ago, this small tank keeps me busy enough and I am still able to keep the coral and fish Iike.

But never say never.
I feel the same, (although for me a big tank was a 125 gallon with a 70 gallon sump). Now I am content with my 56 gallon column which allows me to keep what I want without crazy time in maintenance.

What size is your tank, BTW?

MtnDewMan, good to see you are still here, I've been gone for ages but have returned, hope to start a tank build shortly.

Back