Giesemann buzzing

ME2003

Premium Member
It looks like someone else has had a problem with
a Giesemann buzzing. I think this can be repaired but is
something to be concerned about. Steve is yours still working?

250w Nova II Pendant buzzing
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=788453

I mention this because I had told a few people these looked like quality lights. I really like the Giesemann bulbs and this issue can be fixed. The quality of aquarium hardware is low in general.
Even after researching you get systems that are only marginal quality.
I find this interesting considering how expensive it is.

My Nova II has been dead silent for 4 years now. The ballast enclosure rattles for a second on startup, but that's it.

My AB pendant on the other tank has a slight hum, but I've learned to live with it. It's been that way for a little over 2 years.

I would try to get it replaced. I think there's a Gieseman dealer just outside of Boston...

-Rob

Mike,
Sorry to be so slow to reply. I have some hum, enough that the light will never leave my basement, but not a bother to me. When you were over is how it sounds now. Lately I have some green alage (?) growing and I think it began when I increased the lngth of time the light was on. So I need to turn back the timer and see if that helps. It looks like I'm busy this weekend, but maybe we can sneak a quick beer with Dan Matt and anyone else.

Steve

I'd be up for one Saturday. Perhaps a beer at Tatchers in Westbrook. There is a rumor that some of the Boston Reefers are coming up to A. Concepts for a frag swap and that Terry Speigel might make an appearance.

Back