Glue pipe to bulkhead return

Daddyrawg

Should I glue my return pipe into bulkhead that the lock line is connected to?
I'm referring to back of tank where the return lines end in the 3/4" bulkhead

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If it's a slip fitting, yes. You don't want it pulling loose over time. FWIW I always use bulkhead fittings that are threaded on both sides then use a threaded to slip fitting to glue pipe too, it makes it a lot simpler when time comes to move the system. I also try to avoid haveing the nut of a bulkhead fitting on the inside where stuff will grow on it making it impossible to undo.

My rule is: if underwater don't glue; if not underwater, threading and teflon tape preferred, but glue ok. I have had to replace my bulkhead connectors because of a leak due to age of the connector seal, and I was very glad to have threaded, not glued fittings.

i glue most things, like sk8r said, that are outside of the water.

i'll leave myself a tail on the bulkhead of a few extra inches if i can spare it, in case i need to cut and reglue or something. but generally bulkheads are cheap enough, and if you're going to be messing with them it's a perfect time to just replace them with new anyways.

i used to use threaded connectors and unions and valves a lot more to promote "loose coupling" (hi, software engineer here), but i just didn't end up making enough changes to these setups over time to justify the time and cost.

glue it well, and sleep tight knowing that's one less place it can leak from.

i glue most things, like sk8r said, that are outside of the water.

i'll leave myself a tail on the bulkhead of a few extra inches if i can spare it, in case i need to cut and reglue or something. but generally bulkheads are cheap enough, and if you're going to be messing with them it's a perfect time to just replace them with new anyways.

i used to use threaded connectors and unions and valves a lot more to promote "loose coupling" (hi, software engineer here), but i just didn't end up making enough changes to these setups over time to justify the time and cost.

glue it well, and sleep tight knowing that's one less place it can leak from.
Thanks, I'm gluing like you said

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back