Go Cards!!!!!

I'm going to ditto ADA. I'm a die heard Giants fan. I grew up watching them win and lose. I was an LT fan when that meant Lawrence Taylor not some Charger. But since I've moved here I've also become a Cardinal fan (unless they play my Giants ;) ) It's hard to move here and become a true fan of a team that, until a few years ago, stunk to high heaven forever. Especially with the reputation the Bidwells had. I'm thrilled the Cards made it to the Superbowl! I can't wait to watch the game. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14190269#post14190269 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NaClH20NMYVEIN
I'm happy for the Cards, its about time for them. The thing that kills me is having to see and deal with all the Phoenix "fans". I'm not talking about the true fans!!! I'm talking about all the bandwagon fans there are here in Phx. For the past however may years I see more steelers, cowboys, and packers fans and bumper stickers than I see cardinals. But now I see it every where! Its just such a joke to me. Its not just the cards either, its the Dbacks and Suns to. Why are the "fans" in this city such traitors? I have respect for the true fans that have loved the Cards thru all their losing seasons, just not the people that have become fans in the past few weeks. I'm done complaining now, at least for a while :) I'm going to just try to not leave the house, turn on the radio or TV for the next two weeks.

Can't agree more! too many "so called fans" jumping on the bandwagon.
I always supported them since i moved here, but all i hear from ppl here are that the cards suck.
I was still hearing that a few weeks back before they played carolina. I guess they suck, thats why they are still in the playoffs/superbowl.
Now, all of a sudden everyone is a Cards fan.
Agree, these ppl are such a joke...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14191446#post14191446 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dream54ing
Now, all of a sudden everyone is a Cards fan.
Agree, these ppl are such a joke... [/B]

Why is it a joke for people who live here to root for the Cardinals when they are having a successful season?

Maybe this will turn people into Cardinal fans from here on out. It happens all the time in sports and I personally think that it is great that so many Phoenicians are now backing the Cardinals.

GO CARDS!

Us Cardinal fans appreciate all the fan support...whenever it happens. Join now!

Sounds impossible......Arizona Cardinals will play in the SUPER Bowl.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14192503#post14192503 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigjdotcom01
Why is it a joke for people who live here to root for the Cardinals when they are having a successful season?

Maybe this will turn people into Cardinal fans from here on out. It happens all the time in sports and I personally think that it is great that so many Phoenicians are now backing the Cardinals.

GO CARDS!

Sorry let me re-phase that.
Joke to those who talk smack about the cards when they are down and now cheering for them. Saying that they will always be the "same old cardinals" that cant never win.
If your a fan you would not say those things about your team.
You guys know you met or known one or two of those.
Just giving props to the "true" Cards fans that cheer for them no matter win or lose.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14190269#post14190269 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NaClH20NMYVEIN
I'm happy for the Cards, its about time for them. The thing that kills me is having to see and deal with all the Phoenix "fans". I'm not talking about the true fans!!! I'm talking about all the bandwagon fans there are here in Phx. For the past however may years I see more steelers, cowboys, and packers fans and bumper stickers than I see cardinals. But now I see it every where! Its just such a joke to me. Its not just the cards either, its the Dbacks and Suns to. Why are the "fans" in this city such traitors? I have respect for the true fans that have loved the Cards thru all their losing seasons, just not the people that have become fans in the past few weeks. I'm done complaining now, at least for a while :) I'm going to just try to not leave the house, turn on the radio or TV for the next two weeks.

I came in to post pretty much exactly this. What I'm about to say will not win me any friends in this forum but I seriously hope they lose. Like, lose in the most spectacular blowout in superbowl history. It's what the "fans" (you know the ones - they suddenly have cardinals pennants and flags strapped to their cars and jerseys in their desk at work.... and a receipt from Sports Authority that is 10 days old) deserve.

But I'm still a die-hard suns fan. I still remember the year that they went to the finals (and were simply outclassed by arguably the greatest team in basketball history).

The sentiment about them is no more clear for me when I consider my mother and I remember back in the 2001 world series and the last few minutes the D-Backs looked like they were going to lose. My mother turned to me and said something to the effect of "It sucks that we can't get a halfway decent team in Phoenix." My reaction was pretty much: do you have any idea how good you have to be to even GET to the series and go 3-3 with the freaking YANKEES?!

I am very proud of the Cards! I was at Hooters watching the game, and is was most satisfying watching the sad and angry eagles fans file out the door! How great is that?

I bet that was almost as good as the last regular season game when the Eagles beat the cowboys and knocked them out of the playoffs. It all goes around....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14194830#post14194830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NaClH20NMYVEIN
I bet that was almost as good as the last regular season game when the Eagles beat the cowboys and knocked them out of the playoffs. It all goes around....
who is your team mr. cal?

Cards dont have alot of "true fans" because no one wanted to root for a team that lost every year and only showed flash in the pan talent. Im happy now that the team is good/great. but hope the dumb bidwill family doesnt blow up the team by not "showing them the money" (time to watch jerry mcguire all the way thru now!)to the players that deserve it! Cards have been crappy cuz of the bidwills not willing to spend the cash for a winner...wonder what it will be like next season?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14195893#post14195893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EvilE
who is your team mr. cal?

I'm not really an NFL fan, I don't have a team, the pro's act like babies to often for me to enjoy. I like college football, and I cheer for the few CAL players that are in the NFL. I only pointed out that the eagles beat the cowboys because of your comment about the enjoyment you got from the disappointment of the eagle's fans when they lost. I wanted to remind you a few weeks ago that was you with that disappointed feeling.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14197548#post14197548 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NaClH20NMYVEIN
I'm not really an NFL fan, I don't have a team, the pro's act like babies to often for me to enjoy. I like college football, and I cheer for the few CAL players that are in the NFL. I only pointed out that the eagles beat the cowboys because of your comment about the enjoyment you got from the disappointment of the eagle's fans when they lost. I wanted to remind you a few weeks ago that was you with that disappointed feeling.
No need to remind me! The Cowboys disappoint me almost every year (last good time was here in Tempe when they beat the steelers in Superbowl 30!!). Eagles fans IMHO are by far the WORST in the NFL. So, yes I got much enjoyment from their anguish, good bad or otherwise.:smokin: And although I am a Cowboys fan, I do support my hometown teams, so GO CARDS!!

Good luck to the Cardinals. Give the Steelers Hell on Super Bowl Sunday!

GO CARDS!!! RISE UP BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back