Goatfish and TTM?

Thornbreaker

Hello fellow aquarists,

I hope you're all doing well. It's been a bit since I've stopped by.

I wanted to ask about TTM and a potential bicolored goatfish and if that's a good idea? They seem to need to be fed more than once a day, so I'd have concerns with buildup of ammonia over 3 day rotations in TTM.

Part of the reason I'm considering a goatfish is because the 3rd diamond goby I've tried to QT/TTM committed suicide after 4 weeks in QT. But I need a good sand sifter to help keep my bottoms and bed stirred up.

So better just to QT a goatfish for about 8 weeks or go the TTM route with a 4 week or so QT?

I'd cut it short as possible. Many bottom-sitters have a thick slime coat that makes ich uncommon for them. Dunno about this species.

There are bottled ammonia neutralizers. Also, you could throw a handful of macro algae in there to soak up nutrients and provide some cover to make the fish feel secure. Just remember to change it out with each transfer.

There are bottled ammonia neutralizers. Also, you could throw a handful of macro algae in there to soak up nutrients and provide some cover to make the fish feel secure. Just remember to change it out with each transfer.

Yes, I've got Prime for instance and use it, but I'm seeing recommendations that goatfish should be fed 4 or 5 times a day.

Any idea if they're jumpers like gobies? I may just QT for 8 weeks since I've got some sand in my QT.

If it can eat sinking pellet, you might want to invest in a Tunze autofeeder to save your sanity.

Back