going to Florida and want to pick up some stuff

When I used to work there (Fl. Keys) in that industry I found that a well packed Smaller Styrofoam cooler inside a plastic bag inside a box with everything inside wrapped in disposable "Shop Towels" the blue ones. with a ice pack I had a 95% servival rate, Don't be afraid to put a cup of Ocean water in there maybe a little sand. Ship it over night w/DHL the day you leave. We did it all the way up into northern Canada and had no die off. This included AC-LR w/inverts.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15225377#post15225377 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romsoccer12
well i didnt take anything back cuz the only thing i could find where limpets and some real small snails that clustered together on rocks that where damp.
What part of FL. did you go to? I could guide a group and bring them to Fiesta or Isle Marrada and fill buckets to the rim w/everything you could imagine. you need to know where to go, and not be afraid to snorkel a bit from shore. Like 20-150 yards. I preferred the Atlantic side for Turbos and Common Anemones. The gulf side is loaded w/ coral heads (Don't touch those) The gulf side had ton of shrimp and other inverts as well. I am thinking of shooting down there once my tank is established.

Any one else who wants to go down there let me know I could tell you where to stay, and all you need to do is go out the back door w/bait bucket and a snorkel set, you,d max out in an hour or so.

the new regs are out and being enforced,got back from the keys and they are checking everyone.if you go just make sure you collect only whats on the list and be sure to stay away from any state park areas

Back