Good replacement pump for BK300 skimmer?

You need to put them on a quality sine wave UPS, is what I have heard. They do not tolerate line voltage fluctuations well.

Or they could just add the protection circuitry like the company that makes real high end pumps. This problem has been around for how many years yet they have done absolutely nothing to rectify the problem. This company needs to deal with this problem. Maybe they should opt for Chinese DC pumps.[emoji6]

You need to put them on a quality sine wave UPS, is what I have heard. They do not tolerate line voltage fluctuations well.

I had 1 blow out from an electrical outage. after that, the remaining 2 were 1) on APEX EB8, and 2) on a surge protector outlet.

the surge protector one died randomly by itself

the apex one.. I shut it down to clean the skimmer through APEX and it wouldn't turn on after...

total trash controllers

I had 1 blow out from an electrical outage. after that, the remaining 2 were 1) on APEX EB8, and 2) on a surge protector outlet.

the surge protector one died randomly by itself

the apex one.. I shut it down to clean the skimmer through APEX and it wouldn't turn on after...

total trash controllers

that's why I said a UPS, which is a dc-dc converter and is far superior to standard MOV surge suppressors which degrade every time it takes a surge hit.

Or they could just add the protection circuitry like the company that makes real high end pumps. This problem has been around for how many years yet they have done absolutely nothing to rectify the problem. This company needs to deal with this problem. Maybe they should opt for Chinese DC pumps.[emoji6]

That would be another option.

Ironic how I have never owned or even seriously considered owning a RD but the issue is so prolific that I am well versed in how to mitigate it.

For that kind of money, they should fix the problem JMTC

Then again, if you can afford RE, you can afford a decent UPS no problem.

If it's the same one from a vertex alpha 250. I have that pump. And skimmer. Both royal exclusive red dragons. Not sure if they are the same model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang seeing your threads scares me.. I have both BK skimmer and return pump. So far I haven't had any issues and I have had a few instances where I cut the power abruptly. Keeping my fingers crossed..

Dang seeing your threads scares me.. I have both BK skimmer and return pump. So far I haven't had any issues and I have had a few instances where I cut the power abruptly. Keeping my fingers crossed..

Dont plug into power surge strip. Also dont plug into cfi outlet

I have the same exact issue and am glad you posted the thread. Pump itself appears to be 100% fine, clean, impeller intact. It'll run for about a minute and then start to reset/power cycle every 3 seconds after that. Guessing it's the controller.

Yea my pump for a double cone 250 died so I gave up.

The pump for my 300 is AC and still working

Dont plug into power surge strip. Also dont plug into cfi outlet

Hey Anthony,
That's funny you say that. I know several people who have lost their controllers due to lightning surges and power outages (surge when power came back on). They were all told they should have plugged it into a surge protector. Does anyone know for sure what Royal Exclusive recommends?

Hey Anthony,
That's funny you say that. I know several people who have lost their controllers due to lightning surges and power outages (surge when power came back on). They were all told they should have plugged it into a surge protector. Does anyone know for sure what Royal Exclusive recommends?

Hi Greg
I have a red dragon return pump and both controller apex and ghl doesnt work when i plug the red dragon pump into the power bar. Then i plug into a cfi outlet same result. The circuit will trip so i end up plug into a regular outlet and its still running for 4 years now :)

Hi Greg
I have a red dragon return pump and both controller apex and ghl doesnt work when i plug the red dragon pump into the power bar. Then i plug into a cfi outlet same result. The circuit will trip so i end up plug into a regular outlet and its still running for 4 years now :)

oh? ill try that

Good replacement pump for BK300 skimmer?

Hi Greg

Thanks Anthony! That's an even better customer service response than @Royal Exclusiv ; gives!

Last edited:
Back