Got a Condy anemone

humphreyhh

So I got a condy anemone a couple of days ago. It has been doing well so far.

I know they are not popular because they don't play host to clownfish but I just like the look of them.

Some people said they are hardy while some people said they are not. How hard is it to take care of condy anemone? Can I still add, for example, a tomato clownfish in the tank? (not in the hope of hosting to happen) This is a 20 gallon tank, and it has no fish yet.

Ps: I successfully kept Hadonni carpet and btas in my other tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Condys are hardy. Easier than haddoni or bta in my experience. I think you would be able to add a clown. I have seen them hosted by damsels before.

So I got a condy anemone a couple of days ago. It has been doing well so far.

I know they are not popular because they don't play host to clownfish but I just like the look of them.

Some people said they are hardy while some people said they are not. How hard is it to take care of condy anemone? Can I still add, for example, a tomato clownfish in the tank? (not in the hope of hosting to happen) This is a 20 gallon tank, and it has no fish yet.

Ps: I successfully kept Hadonni carpet and btas in my other tank.

I have a condy. My tomato prefers it over a malu, ritteri, aurora, long tentacle, or bubble
9df19db53e580ae6a76a14d4e0002d8a.jpg
10cd81b430c536245be22be3ead6d923.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Oh. And they're SO easy. My best behaved anemone. Requires the least amount of light. Next would be my malu. Heavy feeder though. Is the only anemone, besides my ritteri, that will take eraser size krill.

Oh. And they're SO easy. My best behaved anemone. Requires the least amount of light. Next would be my malu. Heavy feeder though. Is the only anemone, besides my ritteri, that will take eraser size krill.

Thank you so much for the information!

Condys may host clowns, they will sting and kill corals when they decide to move. They can also get very large and change colors.

Got a Condy anemone

Condys may host clowns, they will sting and kill corals when they decide to move. They can also get very large and change colors.

Thank you! I don't have corals and don't plan to. I like their long and wide spread purple tip tentacles [emoji4]

Last edited:
After cycling my tank it was one of the first purchases, before I knew better than to add an Anemone to a new tank. Despite being added to the tank too soon it did well and is now flourishing in my tank. I think it's gotten too big and I might have to move it eventually.

Baby picture of Condy a few days after I bought it.
vaGsGj3m.jpg

Here it is now as an adult. I was able to coax him onto the Tiki Head ornament
and move him away from the rocks so it wouldn't be near the corals.
BqJ9jGpm.jpg

Unfortunately I might have to give him away or get him in his own tank. Although he's away from the rocks, he still does brush up against some of
the corals once and a while causing them to close. I have to move him around so he doesn't. It's getting to be a drag.
3lsQPJhl.jpg

After cycling my tank it was one of the first purchases, before I knew better than to add an Anemone to a new tank. Despite being added to the tank too soon it did well and is now flourishing in my tank. I think it's gotten too big and I might have to move it eventually.

Baby picture of Condy a few days after I bought it.

vaGsGj3m.jpg

Here it is now as an adult. I was able to coax him onto the Tiki Head ornament

and move him away from the rocks so it wouldn't be near the corals.

BqJ9jGpm.jpg

Unfortunately I might have to give him away or get him in his own tank. Although he's away from the rocks, he still does brush up against some of

the corals once and a while causing them to close. I have to move him around so he doesn't. It's getting to be a drag.

3lsQPJhl.jpg

Beautiful! Thanks for the sharing. Now I'm more confident in keeping this anemone! [emoji108]

I think they are beautiful :) I just don't have them because they are so mobile, at least the ones I've tried and end up crowding my other stuff. If that's not a worry for you, that's awesome! Grats on your purchase :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's funny how they can all be so different. Mine doesn't want to be near anything. He's almost exactly in the middle of both these pictures.
1591dd1c966b9c56c43b895a38ebed88.jpg
12162a6da94de0a6576e3634a4771d90.jpg

I think they are beautiful :) I just don't have them because they are so mobile, at least the ones I've tried and end up crowding my other stuff. If that's not a worry for you, that's awesome! Grats on your purchase :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yes! I won't get corals. I just fed mine. He ate so fast! Faster than my btas and can totally compete with haddoni!

Back