Gotta love the LFS that uses coral names responsibly

cody6766

Super Best Friends!
Premium Member
One of my LFSs plays the name game...sort of.

They buy from suppliers and retain the name, but they don't carry over the cost associated with it. I'm not sure where they get them, but I picked up a frag of Captain Americas for $15, some AOGs and what were labled as LE Rainbows (found some online going for $35/polyp) for the same price. Next to the ones with names on the plug were zoas w/o names going for basically the same price. That, to me, is proper name usage. They use a name for description reasons and price mostly on size and polyp count. They do this with their SPS and LPS as well.

Anyway, I don't mean to stir up a mess, just thought I'd mention a good experience.

Yup, definitely a good store. Lynn, they're my Aquariums away from home. haha. You just don't have the rug rat on the big wheel cruising the store. Oh, they also gave me a free, used AquaSun T5 to try out. I'm trying to dial in my color combo and its close, but not quite there. This store also refused to sell me a couple of critters because they weren't 100% sure of their health. There are other solid stores down here too, but I just tend to do a little more business with this one due to location. PCola and OKC are definitely stores blessed with good LFSs.

We have the same situation here, in my area, with my favorite LFS. Nice 20 polyp frags of named polyps for $15- $20!

Not to mention the nice big colonies, somtimes 200+ polyps, for around $45- $65, depending on if they are blue or not!

I got a 60 polyp RPE colony for $35......gotta love a good store!

Must be nice, even the pet supplies plus here charges BIG money for stupid "named" corals, Worst yet they wont sell any of the good stuff...

Back