Ground probes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well!
eek2.gif

I guess that college prof did know a thing or two. I feel better.
bounce2.gif

Thank you sir.
b.

You go badgers!
You too BMW, cool smilies!
Lar can we get the ones BMW used? Huh? Puleeezzzz!??!?!
BTW, amps= flow
volts, watts= the part that makes stuff work
flow goes from hot, to the appliance, pump, etc, volts and watts make it work, flow returns via neutral side. A GFI reads flow(Amps) If the amps on the hot side and the amps on the neutral side are not within + - 5ma, it trips. Therefore if the watts and volts goes to somewhere it needs amps to take it, the amps dont equal out and it trips(ie. you, the tank, your cat, etc :D) If the power goes to ground, same thing. If you dont have a GFI, you then must rely on your breaker. 1 amp is more than enough to kill a person. My smallest breaker is 15 amps. If a GFI trips at 5 milliamps, you live to reef another day.
All this is just a simpler explanation(and I hope its right :rolleyes:, badgers, correct me if Im wrong) for lay reefers like myself, badgers has the technical stuff down pat :)

------------------
hesaias

My Homepage

Oh yes.
It will take me a day at least to sift through everything posted :) FWIW I use both GFI's and crude gprobes --I now can try to understand how it works. Thanks everyone.

Sorry, MLP, for confusing you with someone else.
MIKE, wherever you are, my apologies too.
Canadian, I just thought you were having a bad day :) My apologies if I offended you by pointing it out.

Larry, my apologi ----hey... the way I figure it, you OWE me for posting dumb CAT PICTURES (brrrr) in the Lounge!

Horge, MLP and anyone else I may have offended with my post- Yes I did indeed have a bad day yesterday and brought it to the board with me; I appologize.

I am however glad that Badgers decided to post here and straighten things out a bit.

Andrew

Larry, Horge, Bmw,
You guys are right. I apologize for getting a little miffed and ruffling my feathers. The last thing I wanted to happen was to start a flame war. I come to this board to avoid that. Maybe I mis-read MLP's last post, because I really didn't see an agreement to the ground probe issue (also explained by Badgers/engineer), the AC both direction issue (as defined by Britannaca), or the GFCI issue, seeing that he does not plan using one in the first place and was offering incorrect advice on it. MLP, if I did mis-read your post I apologize for that also.

Thanks again

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back