Hammer coral getting small and pale green!

Wolverine18

Hello guys,
Around a month ago I bought hammer coral, it was opening fully and was orange coloured. Recently around a week ago it is not opening fully and has become pale greenish. I have added previous and current pictures. It's is hosting my true percula.
What must be the issue? Flow, light, maybe increase in temperature due to summer . Or is clownfish too much aggressive for coral?!

Should I consider doing partial water change?!
My water parameters are perfect only.
I have haddoni carpet anemone which is thriving good.

Thanks in advance.[emoji4]
044678c930ec095187fca4f369e169ba.jpg
ee674e830d7dc80020a76501d0b03dae.jpg
69e9c64ac2e08b6056aec880d22c4511.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

What light do you have over the tank?
Corals losing color is more likely related to light and nutrients.

A clownfish is never ideal to "abuse" a coral as host. It may work but it can also stress the coral a lot.

I agree with ThRoewer. You should post this in the reef discussion forum. A lot more help there. This is not anemone related although the clownfish may bother and stressed the coral

What light do you have over the tank?
Corals losing color is more likely related to light and nutrients.

A clownfish is never ideal to "abuse" a coral as host. It may work but it can also stress the coral a lot.
Sir, I have RS-S70 AQUARIUM LED light - 9.2W single focus.
And white and blue LEDs to lit the aquarium

I can switch between only white and only blue and keep them mixed also.

So true percula can be the problem?! But it doesn't have anything else to host it. And I don't think it will like to be seperated from corals.
a3fa31f6f80425a9eb59ec7f33bbbd71.jpg

I don't know what a RS-S70 AQUARIUM LED light is, however, it is unlikely that the spectrum (only blue and white) of your light is adequate for coral, likely the spectrum is incorrect and the intensity is too low. Corals need correct light so that the zooxanthellea can photosynthesize and provide coral with nutrition.
It is unlikely that the light you have is good enough to keep hard corals. 9.2W is way too low. Unless you get better light you won't be able to keep corals

I don't know what a RS-S70 AQUARIUM LED light is, however, it is unlikely that the spectrum (only blue and white) of your light is adequate for coral, likely the spectrum is incorrect and the intensity is too low. Corals need correct light so that the zooxanthellea can photosynthesize and provide coral with nutrition.
It is unlikely that the light you have is good enough to keep hard corals. 9.2W is way too low. Unless you get better light you won't be able to keep corals
Okay sir, thanks for pointing out the issue.

So is it same case for Anemones also?!
Currently my 2-3 months old anemone is not showing any deflating effects.but sometimes it crumbles up and opens normally the next day.

Also, if I feed my hammer corals ( with hikari coralific delight) do you think it will regain it's nutrients?! Will sunlight be useful for these corals or I need special reef lighting only having optimum PAR ratings?!
Should I consider doing partial water change if it helps?!

Same thing for anemones. It is harder to keep most anemones.

Same thing for anemones. It is harder to keep most anemones.
if I feed my hammer corals ( with hikari coralific delight) do you think it will regain it's nutrients?! Will sunlight be useful for these corals or I need special reef lighting only having optimum PAR ratings?!

Should I consider doing partial water change if it helps?!

Photosynthetic corals and anemones need adequate and correct light to do photosynthesis. Mostly need bright bull spectrum light, like the spectrum and brightness of full sunlight. Deeper corals and anemones require less light and there are coral adapted to live exclusively on prey capturing, the non photosynthetic coral that live in darkness and evolved to only get their energy through eating. These are much harder to keep since they are very specific in which food and a lot of it.
You can forgo keeping corals and anemones, or else get better light. You need to have these discussion at the beginner or at the general reef keeping section of this website, or other website that cater to new in reefkeeping.
Good luck.

Back