Hammer help

dirt1008

My hammer looked like this 3 days after I bought it:
4B6A959B-1576-4070-AD49-2DAD8FE1DFE7-5130-000000C1DE3B7112.jpg

Now after a week, it looks like this:
C3D8E43F-8554-41A5-9659-6E60267CA883-5130-000000C2794ABF21.jpg

Not as open or extended, kinda flat looking. Any suggestions? My parameters are all right where they need to be. I have the Reefbreeders LED's and I'm not sure what kind of light this hammer likes, as far as flow it's in moderate flow. I haven't seen a sweeper tentacle yet, I look all day and check a few times at night.

First, what did the place you got the hammer have for lighting?
What intensity is your led fixture at?
I found my hammers do well at the bottom of m tank.

Looks like you may have the hammer sitting pretty high up in the rock.
I'd drop it down to the bottom.

You say the tank parameters are right where they need to be?
What are they?
What test kits are you using?
How old is the tank?

Hammer help

Nitrates 0 , Calcium 495, Salinity 1.026, Phosphates 0. Red Sea test kits. I did have it up pretty high, I just moved it to the bottom

High up in the tank was probably ticking it off.

Another thing I see is what could *maybe* be some tissue damage on the far left end of it, in that 2nd picture. If it is damaged, it might be a little unhappy while it tries to heal itself. Seems like Euphyllia easily get damaged in transport - either coming into the LFS, or between the LFS and our tanks - and it takes a while for it to show up.

High up in the tank was probably ticking it off.

Another thing I see is what could *maybe* be some tissue damage on the far left end of it, in that 2nd picture. If it is damaged, it might be a little unhappy while it tries to heal itself. Seems like Euphyllia easily get damaged in transport - either coming into the LFS, or between the LFS and our tanks - and it takes a while for it to show up.

I appreciate it. That white has been that way since I received it and I wasn't sure what it was. Thanks for the heads up.

+1 for sulking from damage. I'd also check your alk and magnesium. Euphyllia like their mag at 1300+ IMHO.

Back