Has anyone mixed Shrimp Goby species?

Zionas

For those of you, preferably with first hand experience, would you say it is a good idea t mix species of shrimp gobies? I am thinking of keeping a YWG, a Pink Bar Goby, and maybe even a Pink Spotted WG together in a 6 foot 180. Would that be too dangerous for the fish?

In a 180g you should be okay provided there's sufficient rock/sand/pvc tubes for them to all have homes.

I've had highfin redbands and a yellow watchman in the same 50 gallon with no conflict. To my great unhappiness, the yellow's Tiger shrimp proved the villain in the case. It grew to maturity and killed not only its goby, but several other fish, distiinguishable by the red spot in exactly the same part of the deceased's anatomy. I have sworn off keeping shrimp with gobies. They're happier without; and a yellow goby pair is a very easy keeper and very devoted to each other

Yeah I know the Tiger Shrimp can get large. Maybe I'll reconsider having a shrimp and instead just have the gobies. How did you pair your Yellow Watchmen? Are they hard to pair? Actually if I don't get shrimp, it's one less acclimation process I have to worry about.

I think I will go ahead with a Pink Bar Goby along with the Yellow Prawn. The Pink Spotted is also genus Cryptocentrus and gets larger, relatively belligerent for its genus.

Back