Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

Paul B

Premium Member
Good Morning. I used to be on this forum many years ago just after Lincoln got shot. I had a thread that went on for many years. I decided to leave then but the owner John invited me back.

He offered me 3 weeks in the Bahamas, all expenses paid including the 53' Yacht crewed by many of the people appearing on "Dancing with the Stars".
(the winners, not the losers)
I am not quite sure if he will come through with that now with the price of gas, but we will see. :cool:

My tank is still going and it is now 51 years old. The oldest fish are a pair of almost 30 year old fireclowns which are still happy and still spawning.

FTS Hippo Copperband.JPG

I still don't quarantine or even offer up tea leaves to the Gods but my fish don't care and most of them don't even drink tea.

I do have a big reef tank problem because about 10 years ago I added a little piece of light blue, photosynthetic sponge.
Now most of my tank is covered in light blue, photosynthetic sponge. :(

It looks nice but wants to cover my corals and if I sleep late, it will cover me in bed. :sick: Horrible stuff.

This gobi is sitting on beautiful blue "Montipora" (which is actually sponge)

Since I was here I wrote a book. It's not an autobiography or a new addition of the bible but I won't mention it here except to say that JohnL is reading it.

More than 100% of the profits go to MS research in my wife's name. It is selling so fast that I got a call from a country along the Amazon River pleading with me to stop printing it because they are running out of rain forest. They had to stop printing the Bible because there wasn't enough wood for both books.

Since I was here I spoke at a few reef forums and had fun. I also started a new hobby but that is also for another day. I am old so I am not sure how many other days I have. :unsure:

I also moved here to the eastern end of Long Island NY 4 years ago. I put everything in vats, drove the 60 miles out here and filled the tank. The ocean is about 90 yards behind my house so I just collect water there and dump it in. I first remove the ice cubes.
This is one of the places I collect. Occasionally I can't get on here because Dorothy Hamill uses it to practice for the 2030 Olympics.

I also invented this feeder if anyone is interested. I am not sure if I was still posting on here when this happened. But it feeds baby brine shrimp to various fish.

Time to cook, I may get back to this later. I am baking bread and making my wife her favorite, it's an Italian peasant meal.
Escarole and beans. :)

Have fun.

Good Morning. I used to be on this forum many years ago just after Lincoln got shot. I had a thread that went on for many years. I decided to leave then but the owner John invited me back.

He offered me 3 weeks in the Bahamas, all expenses paid including the 53' Yacht crewed by many of the people appearing on "Dancing with the Stars".
(the winners, not the losers)
I am not quite sure if he will come through with that now with the price of gas, but we will see. :cool:

My tank is still going and it is now 51 years old. The oldest fish are a pair of almost 30 year old fireclowns which are still happy and still spawning.

View attachment 32371420

I still don't quarantine or even offer up tea leaves to the Gods but my fish don't care and most of them don't even drink tea.

I do have a big reef tank problem because about 10 years ago I added a little piece of light blue, photosynthetic sponge.
Now most of my tank is covered in light blue, photosynthetic sponge. :(

It looks nice but wants to cover my corals and if I sleep late, it will cover me in bed. :sick: Horrible stuff.

This gobi is sitting on beautiful blue "Montipora" (which is actually sponge)

Since I was here I wrote a book. It's not an autobiography or a new addition of the bible but I won't mention it here except to say that JohnL is reading it.

More than 100% of the profits go to MS research in my wife's name. It is selling so fast that I got a call from a country along the Amazon River pleading with me to stop printing it because they are running out of rain forest. They had to stop printing the Bible because there wasn't enough wood for both books.

Since I was here I spoke at a few reef forums and had fun. I also started a new hobby but that is also for another day. I am old so I am not sure how many other days I have. :unsure:

I also moved here to the eastern end of Long Island NY 4 years ago. I put everything in vats, drove the 60 miles out here and filled the tank. The ocean is about 90 yards behind my house so I just collect water there and dump it in. I first remove the ice cubes.
This is one of the places I collect. Occasionally I can't get on here because Dorothy Hamill uses it to practice for the 2030 Olympics.

I also invented this feeder if anyone is interested. I am not sure if I was still posting on here when this happened. But it feeds baby brine shrimp to various fish.

Time to cook, I may get back to this later. I am baking bread and making my wife her favorite, it's an Italian peasant meal.
Escarole and beans. :)

Have fun.
Welcome back. Got to be some sponge eating fish out there.

Thank you Patrick @Subsea for making me aware of Paul's book.

welcome back. i have a big question, when you had thick long hair, how did you dive. my mom wants to cut off lik half of my crazy curly hair but i dont want to because it will look stupid. i need to be able to put on a snorkel mask for diving in marathon

Paul, do you still dive and collect items for your tank?
I collect stuff for my tank in the sea but I can't dive any more. I don't think so but I will be going to the Caribbean in a few weeks. I now have a new aluminum knee that makes a lot of noise when I try to kick. :(

ow did you dive. my mom wants to cut off lik half of my crazy curly hair but i dont want to because it will look stupid. i need to be able to put on a snorkel mask for diving in marathon
I did have a lot of hair. It would come out all over me and I dove for decades with no problem. I may have looked stupid though. :sick:

Now I could slide through the water like a torpedo. Or at least a blowfish. :oops:

I collect stuff for my tank in the sea but I can't dive any more. I don't think so but I will be going to the Caribbean in a few weeks. I now have a new aluminum knee that makes a lot of noise when I try to kick.
Sorry to hear about not being able to dive anymore. Enjoy your trip.

Back