Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

I would definitely read a memoir Paul. I (personally) would prefer one with just the truth but, that's just the history buff part of me.
I didn't think I remembered enough facts but yesterday I wrote down 2 pages of one and two word things that happened to remind me of events so I have enough to make it all true facts. But I don't want to write a documentary. That has been done to death. I also want it interesting to read so I will see how it turns out.

I also don't want to make light of the war as I lost way to many friends there.

Today I am staining my wood root table base. Here it is before the stain dried. It will lighten up when it's dry. I think. I just wanted to bring out the grain and not necessarily darken it. It used a lot of stain because it's rough and has a lot of limbs coming off of it.
I still have to spray it with a clear coat.

In between I am also writing my new book and am up to chapter 3. It's about my time in the army and Viet Nam. Very little combat will be in it until the last chapter because I'm trying to keep it light and keep it to the fun or interesting that happened. Squeamish people can forego the last chapter.

I'd read a non-fiction account, especially the way you describe it. "Rumor of War" and "The Things They Carried" come to mind, but they're not like yours at all. I bet if you send what you have now to an agent, you'd have a publisher interested. They'd hound you with edits, but still.

Way cool table.

Thanks Kfisc. I already have a publisher, the same one who published my fish book. Amazon. I donate all those profits to MS research. I am not sure who I will donate this to. Maybe Wounded warriors, I am not sure but it seems appropriate.

Red Waspfish.jpg

This red sponge is what I used to feed my Idol. He would practically jump out of the tank for this stuff. I took this yesterday off my friends floating wooden dock on Long Island New York. It only grows near the surface and I could never keep it alive in a tank but it freezes well. I would collect a lot and freeze it for the winter. I sold my boat so I don't get to a dock very often so I can't really get it to often and you can only collect a little bit at a time unless you find a really big dock.

thumbnail.jpg

Back