Hello / My TANK

Thanks guys! Im going to keep 2 Nems in the 120g, and the third Nem the newest one that I got from you will go into the 34g. But that will be later on, in about 6-7 months so it will do well in my tank.

Check it out, if youre into YOUTUBE sub me, thanks!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0X6r5CEdtFg?list=UU4_kJlIUlbsoT6X69ECZM7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice bubbling on the bta's, courius what are your parameters at?

Afterwater changes 5gal a week.
Usually ALK 7-8DKH
MG 1300's PPM
CA 400's PPM

I havent tested in a while, but Im going to start using Kalkwasser soon. Just making sure my RKL doesnt dump a lot of kalk in.

its on a test run into another container, for this week before I start dosing.
15 seconds on then off for 30mins, starting at 10pm for 10 cycles.

Finally Finished up my Stand. Thanks to Miguel for letting me use his table saw!

I know its kinda dark, but you get the idea.

Just wanted to do a FULL TANK SHOT. A lot has changed looking back at my thread. Kinda cool actually, its getting there

Switched lighting all together....

Lookin good!

What fixture is that?

What prompted the change from LED to T5?

Have you noticed any advantage/disadvantage of one over the other?

I think I like the look of the new fixture better. Both the esthetics of the fixture and the tank colors.

Lookin good!

What fixture is that?

What prompted the change from LED to T5?

Have you noticed any advantage/disadvantage of one over the other?

I think I like the look of the new fixture better. Both the esthetics of the fixture and the tank colors.

Its an ATI SUNPOWER DIMMABLE 6 BULB 54Watt
I really liked the T5s that I had added with the leds. I like the fact that I could do a sunrise to sun down effect. When I had the 2 Bulbs with my leds, my corals colored up, even the ones that I had bleeched..

DISADVANTAGES is gonna be bulb replacement, which Ill do in 9-12 months. Which is why I didnt go with the 8bulb fixture. Uses more electricity.

Advantages, is its tryed and true. Ill post more pics later on durning the year.

Did your LEDs fail? Is that why you switched?

I had the AI SOL BLUEs. When I jumped into the Saltwater Life, those where one of the best leds around. The colors where RB,BLUE,WHITE. Then as you know, full spectrum came around, ect.

I had them for a few years, no issues at all, I sold them on RC quick. So they didnt fail me, I just wanted something new. I almost went with the Maxspect Razrs. I really was considering Radions Pros, But I went with the ATI. I have leds on my other tanks, so I am still a fan. Ill got a pic of one of my buddys tank, who is using the ATI SUNPOWER. Hes an SPS master.

I see in this thread your tank is 5'. What size lights did you go with? Are they 48" or 36"?

Sorry for all the questions. I've been debating adding more LEDs to my tank or dumping them and going t5.

Did your LEDs fail? Is that why you switched?

Notice the fixtures, ATI

Heres the video to my youtube

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bRXjUQNdw14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I see in this thread your tank is 5'. What size lights did you go with? Are they 48" or 36"?

Sorry for all the questions. I've been debating adding more LEDs to my tank or dumping them and going t5.

No problem, Thats why were here. If you like LEDs, then supplement them with T5. I used the 48" covers my tank easy. 48" you want to look for 54Watts.

I have an Aquaticlife Ballast if youre interested with 2 ATI BULBS still has another yr of life. Also Aquaticlife reflectors too & the AI rails available too.

Basically you could set your leds on top of the rails. If youre interested. Id let it go for $60

Back