Hello / My TANK

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear it.

I added 2 new fish (from LFS) last Saturday; a Royal Gramma and a Coral Beauty. The Coral Beauty was dead within 12 hours, the Royal Gramma seems to be doing well. He was hiding in the rocks for the first few days, but is coming out more now and is eating well and looks healthy. I was pretty concerned when I found the Coral Beauty dead; and I'm also considering getting a Q-tank.

I don't see the problem with keeping the fish in a Q-tank for a couple of weeks, for observation before adding to your main tank. It wouldn't be much different than the LFS holding tanks. I figure a 20 gal. long will accommodate most fish I'm planning to purchase, and may be worth the investment when you consider the possibility of loosing all your livestock.

Yeah I think im going to do something like that. It sucks loosing so many fish practically all at once, in a matter of days.

Sucks man, but yeah its almost like letting the store be the quarantine tank. they should be treating and it would be sweet if we can pay for a fish then pick it up in a month. but its so hard to do that. and no one really does. so i guess it would be up to us. yet ive still never set up a QT.

Sucks man, but yeah its almost like letting the store be the quarantine tank. they should be treating and it would be sweet if we can pay for a fish then pick it up in a month. but its so hard to do that. and no one really does. so i guess it would be up to us. yet ive still never set up a QT.

Yeah Pedro, Sea Creatures did an upgrade to the store. I just seen the email, havent actually been there since then. Hopefully I can get a discount on my next fish?

How are your remaining fish doing?

I still have the Yellow Tang and Hippo Tang. Hopefully these two will be fine. Thanks for asking

Sup EVERYONE! Here is a look at my ATO 5gal Container. PITA to be filling up every 2-3 days.

I had Steffen build me a new 20Gal Container. Sweet :bum:

After my last set of fish dying, I decided to get some new ones. And hey, they hosted one of my NEMS, pretttyyy Sweeet :)

While I was at the LFS, I also got a few corals. The pink stuff is the wife's and I gotta say she has some good taste! I ended up picking up a mini clean up crew to help clean up the tank, havent restocked the crew in a while.

I also picked up a harlequin shrimp to battle the star fish. I think the stars have been eatting my zoas, and my coralline algae. What do you guys think? Thanks

Another pic of a LFS

Back