Help me decide!!!

guppy74

So my Skimz Monzter SM 161 Skimmer died I am looking to buy a new skimmer cant decide which to buy. I have it narrowed down to the choices below. Help me decide also if there is one that you simply love not listed feel free to add it as well. Please leave a comment on why you like a certain skimmer. Thanks all!!!!

Deltec 600i or 1000i
Reef Octopus Regal 150INT
Simplicity 240DC
Nyos Quantum 160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just get a new motor? I assume that is what went bad. I know the skimmer is discontinued but you should still be able to find the motor somewhere.

Why not just get a new motor? I assume that is what went bad. I know the skimmer is discontinued but you should still be able to find the motor somewhere.

Looked everywhere for the original motor and no luck. Tried a Sicce PSK 1000 and it did not workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another vote for regal 150INT.

if you start messing with other skimmer pumps you will probably pull your hair out.

skimmer pumps are tested and matched with not only the pump flow ratings, but also the needle wheel impellers they use and not all are alike. a little thing like needle wheel diameter or even the size and count of the pins can drastically change a skimmers performance (or non-performance).

Back