help me design/build a sump..

Bow, this thing is rock solid! The little stand we built for the skimmer...Brett stood on it.

I don't have any doubts in my mind at all, this thing will last him for years...

Im setting it up tonight.. I have had a few problems though..

1. It was a tad to big.. I had to shave off about a 1/4 of an inch off of the stand.
2. the skimmer catch can dosnt fit inside the stand anymore.. was kinda worried about this. Im going to see if I can shave some of the base off and get it to fit.
3. the skimmer hose is kinda crimped from it being to long.
4. I had to da mn near remove all the hard pipeing in the stand to get it to fit.. but I got it.
5. this thing holds a lot more water than my old one.. so now im having to stay up late making water.. but I guess thats a good thing huh?

other good things.. that rolled lip we made on the bubble baffle is working great. ahh the skimmer fits, bearly..lol there is only about a 1/4 of an inch between it and the bubble baffle.

da mn cat decided to get into the sand bag that Frank gave me.. so I had a nice mess to clean up.. but I got sand in the fuge, and im just waiting on water. I'll post pics up within the next couple of days. I'm picking my car up from Scotts shop tomorrow night, so will be busy with that for the next few days.

Well that kinda sucks. At least it all got put in there though.

I wish we would have rolled all of the lips...overflow on the bubble traps and the overflow for the 'fuge.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8314457#post8314457 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vest0830
Well that kinda sucks. At least it all got put in there though.

I wish we would have rolled all of the lips...overflow on the bubble traps and the overflow for the 'fuge.

yea, it was very very very close.. I think if we could have shaved that 1/8th of an inch off the lip it might have went right in.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8317522#post8317522 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeffb3t
Well, Post some pics of this thing in the stand!!!

I'll try and get them up tomorrow.. or very late tonight. finally getting some days off.. friggen 1 day off out of 10 sucks ***.

Back