Help me ! Quarantine frustrating me

stan80

So i have a 10 gal qt tank its fully cycled and has live rock. 5 weeks ago i got 3 small fish i put them in. I noticed there fins started to disappear slowly time not fin rot but clean breaks of the fins and i never 1 time seen the fish fight in anyway... the first fish died 2 weeks after he didnt eat much at all then 2 weeks after that the 2nd fish who been eating good died and had no fins left. Now a week later i still have the 3rd fish alive and eating but fins are broken off and looks terrible my ques os this maybe some disease did the fish just not do well in the qt tank? Again there is no visual signs of anything wrong except fins broken and now some poor coloration

Canary blenny, flowleria cardinal, and a kauderns cardinal i never saw them fight once but i know they could have at night... the remaining fish though still is not improving

QT Gould not have live rock since it can absorb medicine. It could also harbor a pest that could be the culprit in your dilemma.

I think you have some type of parasite or disease going on in that tank. I would try and get to the bottom of it and treat properly. I would probably an antibiotic.

There's a lot of potential problem here. 3 fish in a 10 gallon is one. Most marine fish will fight if cramped. A cycled qt is another problem: if ever used with a fish that had ich, must remain fishless 72 days to be safe to use again. Even then, iffy. I'd advise one fish at a time hereafter.

floweria cardinal is the last one alive... Yes from now on just 1 fish a time ...My parameters are all good... and I can let my qt tank dry for even a couple weeks after I remove the fish to make sure no ich in it

Back