Help!! My clown fish won't go in my new anemone

Mattscrt

I have had my clown fish for about 1 month. I recently just added a
Purple anemone and my two clowns will not go in. It has been about
5 days. Is there anything I can do?

The only thing you can do is wait. Alternatively you can offer the proper anemone for the type of clownish you have (if your tank can support it).

What type of clowns? What type of anemone? What size tank? Water Quality? What type of lighting?

I have two ocelarris clowns and a purple long tentacle. My water quality and lighting is good I would post a picture to show you but this dumb phone won't let me

I shined a blue led light on my anemone at night, and my clowns followed it, and started to host. Maybe I just got lucky

5 days is a short period of time! That is not the natural host for Occ. you will be lucky if they ever "find" the nem!

I have two ocelarris clowns and a purple long tentacle. My water quality and lighting is good I would post a picture to show you but this dumb phone won't let me

Finger corss u.

i did have patience but did not have any luck.

yet i did saw someone had the luck--occ in bta or lta.

I added a BTA and my maroon wouldn't go near it either for 3 days, then i added another smaller Maroon and the next day the big one was in the nem and then next Morning they were both sharing it...but Maroons like BTA's

Mine took 5 months. They started getting closer, looking interested and then finally started spending time in there. You just have to be patient, but know they may never go in. Good luck.

Back