Help with ph reading inside reactor chamber

anemoneguy

So I have used several calcium reactors over the years but never used a ph controller. I noticed my ph dropped to a reading of 6.1 inside the chamber. This is also a dual chamber mrc2 unit by the way. Controller is set at 6.8 and is shutting off power to the solenoid. It looks like there is a small bubble formed inside the bubble counter and I wonder if this is causing the issue or is this normal for them not to shut down 100percent? Any help would be appreciate d.

What model regulator do you have and how long have you had it running? Approx how many bubbles/min does it run at when open? How long is it closed for when it closes?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

IMO, it really means your valve on co2 is too wide open. You want it to set to where it never turns off, just like if before you got a PH controller.

I use the same reactor as you. Empty it(not back in your tank), fill it up and let PH drop slowly in the chamber. Process should take 30 mins to a hour to reach desired PH. If it doesn't reach the desired PH within that timeframe, open it a little more every hour. Good luck

Only use a controller to turn off the reactor if the PH gets to low. Mine is set off at 6.35. Maintain the tank dKH by eitherr increasing or decreasing eitherr the bubble count or the bubble PSI.

Back