Hi all...

gig

I'm back, thanks for the gracious mods :)

tank took a downturn over the last several months, mostly due to my Ca Reactor never really getting dialed in, so most my SPS is gonzo :(

still have most the softies and LPS (not very much) and fish, just trying to decide what direction to go, but likely out of the SPS game for now.

Treat your tank like its full of sps always. Once things stabilize again you can start adding sps if that is your goal long term. No reason to kill more sps, your lps are more forgiving while you get your tank back up to speed. Good luck and welcome back, were you on a time out? lol

thanks adrian, I agree, I was very successful with SPS until it started to really grow out, then I was having all kinds of issues keeping my Alk up, I had all kinds of trouble with the reactor, so for now, that's offline, as my Alk draw is nothing like it was with a tank full of SPS, so water changes should do the trick for now.

alk can be tricky to keep up on a busy schedule. I bet you learned a lot the first time around and you will be more prepared this time.

Back