high head pressure top off pump

Sixbey2

I have my RODI water in a container about 12 feet below my tank and have been using a Bulk Reef Supply 50ml per min dosing pump (rated for 20' head pressure) on a water level sensor to auto top off the tank. The system works great but I have replaced the pump 5 times now as the gears keep stripping out. I am following their recommendations on being on a timer to limit run time. Any recommendations based on experience for a pump that will last longer? Thanks!!

Have you looked at Spectrapure Litermeter pumps, cost more but very dependable. They have a water exchange pump that should work for you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the new pmup for the Neptune ATK is rated for up to 14 feet.
I have not used it that high but I do pump mine about 10 feet over from another room.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My litermeter is 2 years old now on the original tubing pumping from the basement. Great quiet pump

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

look on ebay for one of these. you can sometimes snag one for cheap, tho pay attention to tubing size depending on which head it has. some take a range of tubing sizes, others take a fixed size which may be a pita to hook to 1/4 poly. there is a masterflex calcium reactor thread that prolly has alot of good info.

i ran this one with kalk from the basement to upstairs tank for years no prob. moved and no basement anymore, otherwise i'd still be using.

Attachments

• IMG_20191201_130955.jpg
    IMG_20191201_130955.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
Back