Hippo tang

dimasv

Got hippo 2 weeks ago, since I got him he hides in the corner all the time. Even when I feed he picks up flakes only that comes to him. He is in my QT so there is no other fish, water parameters are normal. Voltage shows about 0.3V.

I cant really see him that well to see if he has any problems. At least dont see any signs of ick and I guess if he had velvet he would be already dead. H never goes for nori I have on a clip.

Forgot to mention he is about 2 inch and my tank is kinda dark I have couple of reg led lights but its never been a problem for other fish.

I am feeling like I am about to take him back to the store and grab an adult.

Any advice ?

My tang after being taken out of display and put into QT hid inside a PVC pipe and only ever left it when we weren't in the room. Only time we ever saw the tang was when we JUST entered a room (long enough to see it fly back into the pipe).

The behavior went away when I introduced the tang to the main tank, but it still took weeks for the tang to be adjusted enough to not run and hide whenever something outside the tank moved.

My tang after being taken out of display and put into QT hid inside a PVC pipe and only ever left it when we weren't in the room. Only time we ever saw the tang was when we JUST entered a room (long enough to see it fly back into the pipe).

The behavior went away when I introduced the tang to the main tank, but it still took weeks for the tang to be adjusted enough to not run and hide whenever something outside the tank moved.

+1 I like this assessment.

Back