Holy Monkeys....is it really this expensive?

I have to say that everything is expensive now... the gas in the 20 gallon tank in the 4 door car was not worth $60 and my lfs has yellow tangs for 40 in south florida and cleaner shrimp are close to $30..

I have to say that everything is expensive now... the gas in the 20 gallon tank in the 4 door car was not worth $60 and my lfs has yellow tangs for 40 in south florida and cleaner shrimp are close to $30..

I'll have to agree with that. WV has some of the highest gas prices in the nation right now thanks to WV state taxes charging a little over a buck a gallon. Prices for regular around here today was about 4.05. Makes driving a lifted H2 with 38" super swampers rather...cumbersome at around 8mpg.

The last few times I tried to actually fill the tank the pump cut off at 100.00 and I wasn't even at 3/4 of a tank. :eek:

I'll have to agree with that. WV has some of the highest gas prices in the nation right now thanks to WV state taxes charging a little over a buck a gallon. Prices for regular around here today was about 4.05. Makes driving a lifted H2 with 38" super swampers rather...cumbersome at around 8mpg.

The last few times I tried to actually fill the tank the pump cut off at 100.00 and I wasn't even at 3/4 of a tank. :eek:

Are you from WV? Where at? I'm from the Beckley area reef stores around here are pretty much non existent a few around charleston area but kinda high prices for the size pieces you get.

I'm in charleston.

The only two places I know of that sells decent stuff is fujis reef shop on Jefferson road and specialty pets in nitro.

Other than that, like most things in WV besides OxyContin, choices are limited.

you can definitely get a full running setup on CL for less than $1,000.

Then you can spend thousands upgrading it with stuff you MUST have just like everyone else does!

I'm in charleston.

The only two places I know of that sells decent stuff is fujis reef shop on Jefferson road and specialty pets in nitro.

Other than that, like most things in WV besides OxyContin, choices are limited.

I was born in Beckley but I live in Lexington KY now, I know exactly what you're going through. I'm sure the craigslist ads suck over there, but you might be able to find some good deals if you look a bit further out of your way. (though with your H2, it would probably have to be a whole setup to be worth the gas money...)

Anyways, good luck with it. Might consider going nano, especially with all of the other stuff you have going on.

Even here in Boston you have to drive half an hour into the burbs to get to an LFS. I've ordered a lot online but have found a LFS I like and make darn sure to give them some retail. I want them to succeed. And the premium over on line is not too much.

You can still run a softie reef with a Penguin filter and a 30 gallon tank. What worked then, still works. Ultimately, buy used, haunt your lfs for parts and pieces, and work your way to a larger tank.

I don't keep track of my expenses! If I did I would have quit years ago! I try to buy stuff used or on sale. Craigslist is one of the best places to look.

Back