how do i get them to grow faster?

thisisme

is there a way to get zoos to grow/spread faster. i've had this one type of zoos for about 8 months now and have not noticed any growth or had them spread to other rocks. i have a softy dominate tank and they grow quickly

Some zos simply don't grow and you're gonna see a lot of water flow down Mississippi before even one new polyps pops out.

For the other 99% of zos, always give them more light than anyone tells you to, don't worry too much about water quality, but rather having the right trace elements in there. Get yourself a bottle of Salifert Soft Trace.

Make sure to feed the tank heavily with zoo and phytoplankton. (Kent makes decent stuff) Cyclopeeze is commercial junk comparable to Mc Donalds. The more you feed, the higher your chance of algae, so have a read of this article to soothe your mind.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-04/eb/index.php
http://forum.marinedepot.com/Topic20086-9-1.aspx

I followed the directions, didn't cut down on feeding when algae came and now, 4 weeks later, the tank is free of algae, the zos are growing like wildfire and the colors are you of this world.

Cyclopeeze is commercial junk comparable to Mc Donalds

any references to document this statement?

The thread by food recipe E Borneman you linked mentions up to

"this makes up the majority of my mix - probably 40%

Golden Pearls - all sizes available, but a majority of the smallest size
Cyclop-Eeze
VibraGro
Powdered marine flake "

I drag up a chair, grab a cold beer and cheer them on. just like a ballgame. Grow-grow-GROW. :beer: Lights, flow and water

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9310384#post9310384 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by msman825
I drag up a chair, grab a cold beer and cheer them on. just like a ballgame. Grow-grow-GROW. :beer: Lights, flow and water

LOL!!

I think, or hope, that he meant cyclopeeze is junk for feeding zoanthids in particular, which I'd tend to agree with since I've never seen a zoanthid grab and eat anything. Otherwise... I have no idea...

i try and keep things mixed up so i buy something new every time i run out of the stuff i currently have lol. i also like to sit and watch them grow while cheering them on lol i watch my tank almost as much if not more than tv lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9310710#post9310710 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ryansholl
I think, or hope, that he meant cyclopeeze is junk for feeding zoanthids in particular, which I'd tend to agree with since I've never seen a zoanthid grab and eat anything. Otherwise... I have no idea...

Yes, I meant its junk for zoanthids. Plenty of LPS feed on cyclopeeze like crazy, but its still junk compared to good ole fashioned meaty bloodworms, etc

Actually, funny you should quote me on that. Two things:

Again, do you mean for zoanthids or lps?

and

I'm deathly allergic to bloodworms, found that out the hard way when I was feeding them to a freshwater tank and couldn't breathe after a few minutes... so cyclopeeze is definitely a step up from bloodworms.

I take frozen brine shrimp and mix them with selcon and a little bit of Reef Chili (you can get it from ebay). I let it set for about 2-3 hours and then I spot feed them to all my zoos, rics and mushrooms and other LPS. At first they were a little slow to take to them (except for my RPE's and Acans), but now they all act like pigs (especially my AOG's). I've seen good growth. Low cost as well, I'm happy.

I don't feed my tanks, so I'm not sure about that. I have seen the most growth when I stop messing around with my tank and don't touch anything!

Back