How do I temporarily attach a float valve?

RussC

I want to use a float valve. Got a new 5 stage BRS RODI system. Super fired up. Now I can use a float valve to shut it off when the water is full. However, I want to be able to move the valve between reservoirs. I have a Brute trashcan I use for water changes. That's 20 gallons a change. I also use a 5 gallon bucket for refilling my top off. Want to use the float valve there too.

I've tried a couple ideas. But haven't yet nailed it. Figured I'd reach out there and see what other ideas exist. No need to recreate the wheel if I can avoid it.

Thoughts and suggestions? I figured I'd attache the valve to something that can then be clipped to the side of the Brute trash can when I need it there or clipped to the side of the 5 gallon when I need it there.

For less than 5 bucks I use a "T" and 2 float valves. Re-using the 1/4" push lock fittings is a pita and will probably wear out the O-rings. JMO

Magnets. Pretty strong ones come with heaters and are coated to go in the tank. Glue one on your float valve base.

I mounted a float valve on a 3" wide piece of plywood that spans the opening of my water change barrels.

I’ve been on the hunt for a scrap piece of acrylic. Think I found a sign manufacturer that’s willing tompart with a piece. That’s stuff is pricey.

Here is what I did.
I was meaning to make a nicer one back when this one was made 10 years ago, but just never got around to it.
I made it wide enough to fit across the opening of a 45 gallon brute.

Back