How do you keep your Ro/Di ?

BackSpin

Hello I am looking at the ways everyone keeps there water change and top off water and how long. I am planing to have a 32g brute filled with Ro/Di water with a Mag 9.5 pump in it to mix my saltwater for changes how long will this keep in a hot garage? and a reserve container with just Ro/Di water for top off about 30gallons at any given time. no movement will this go stagnet? Input on what works for you would be great, Thanks

I keep 2 32g brutes in my basement. 1 with RO/DI, The other with pre mixed SW. I do not run pumps in either. I do run a PH for an hour or so prior to a WC but that's it. If properly sealed, It should keep indefinately

I keep my RO/DI water in 5 gallon jugs. I usually make all the water for the week at once and then store it in those jugs. As for saltwater, I usually make it up the night before, just use an old 5 gallon bucket. Sometimes I won't do the water change the next day and it will sit for a couple of days. For the salt water I keep a heater and powerhead in there. The bucket is covered with a lid --- as tight as it can be with 2 power cords coming out of it.

Do you think it would be safe to keep for a month for WC as long as there is a pump in it ? And top off water longer ? I watertested my tank for a week and after shuting it down for three days and draining it to make some changes I had red brownish slime in sump and tank ? This was just tap water not Ro/Di water..

Keeping water in Brute

Keeping water in Brute

Let me say I am still trying to determine my best procedures for WC and don't have an RO/DI unit yet. I do however pre mix saltwater for WC and have approached 2-3 weeks of storage. A heat and power head for circulation have kept the water plenty fresh but even with the lid on (again over two power cords) I did have evaporation loss and so the specific gravity did rise over time. Other then the SG, I think you should be ok as long as you are circulating the water.

Thankd this is what I looking for I will have water sitting and mix salt day or two before change out, just did not want it getting slimey before I use it will be doing about 35 gallons at a time .

Back