How is this possible!!!!!!!!

mixedreef89

So I got home from work And came down stairs to see if my 90 was ready to make the switch. Well some disturbing news. I found this guy just relaxing IN MY TANK. How is this possible and has anyone else had this happen. Yes he is alive and yes he is moving. Should I take him out or let my emerald crab destroy him

Here is the pic.

Attachments

• 1422401450816956395966.jpg
    1422401450816956395966.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
Ok just to clarify. Yes this is a real spider. Yes there is water in the tank. Yes I am afraid of spiders. Yes he is alive.

Now this is just my thought but I would get it out. If that thing got in there then it is like a Terminator spider.

If I see that here in north Idaho I'd just think it was a common grass spider (they come in during the winter) but given you are farther south and warmer, not sure I'd be wanting to play with him.

I pick spiders out of my sump every now and then. I don't leave them because ya never know. Just think how many you don't see because they get eaten.

Yea it's been cold here ish. I lived in utah for awhile so I know cold. Yea I would get him out I just don't know how hard it will be with all the rock. 20$ for someone to come do it for me haha

Do a quick search in Reef Discussion. I swear someone had a spider in their tank that looked similar to yours.

This same kind of spider got into my tank one time, and I thought "I sure as hell am not getting some freak of nature mutant spider of mass destruction out of there just to let it kill me". So instead i left it in there..... not sure if that is the best idea for the tank, but i HATE spiders. Was NOT going to touch it. :lolspin:

Back