How long did it take for your clowns to host?

How long did it take for your clowns to host?

• Under 1 hour

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • within a day

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 2-6 days

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 1-2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2+ weeks

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • never

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

Dtronic

Just curious. I bought a pair of 8 month old picasso clowns and a rbta. It's been five days so far.

i had a pair of true percs and a gbta...took a month to finally dive into it, happened out of the blue

It took my Tomato clown about 3 months to figure out that there was a big bubble tip anemone in my tank... and it is only a 55g :lol:

Well I had a pair of false percs that had a LTA and BTA and Haddoni for over a year and they never hosted any of them, but they hosted a Mag in 2 days. Go figure.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14792797#post14792797 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by apayne
Well I had a pair of false percs that had a LTA and BTA and Haddoni for over a year and they never hosted any of them, but they hosted a Mag in 2 days. Go figure.

:D :lol:

I bought a pair of onyx clowns. 1 hosted within the first day. I was messing around with my light timer and shut the lights down for a second. The anemone closed and scared the clown away. I just received word that the clown is hovering over the anemone today so I am hopeful that it will host again. It has been about a week and a half.

My tomato clown had been in my tank for 6 months when I added a BTA. I turned around to dry my hands and when I looked back the clown was in the BTA. Total time elapsed maybe 5 seconds. :D

i bought two bubble tip anemones for my pair of clownfish. my clownfish was a wild caught true percula female, and tank raised ocellaris male.

As soon as the bubble tip anemone opened, my wild caught female went straight in, under 1 hour.

The tank raised ocellaris didnt know what to do for the 2 weeks i had them, then i did a redo of my rocks and i must of scared my ocellaris and he went into the anemone.

i guess he figured it wouldnt hurt him as since that day he is hosting and loves it.

here is a video that i took today of my clowns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCVFTzMHL4Q&feature=channel_page

Back