How many AI led fixtures....

SPotter

I am having a tank custom built that is 60x36x30 and I want to go with LED's. How many AI fixtures do you think I would need? My concern is the width of the tank.

I have a Marineland 300 DD and mine are mounted like the above, except in three rows of three.

Back
= = =
= = =
= = =
Front

Are you using the AI mounting rails or something else? Do you have picture of them?

I am using three 36" AI Rails sets (tank is 36" front to back). Here is a pic.

Attachments

• CIMG463.jpg
    CIMG463.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1
I am using three 36" AI Rails sets (tank is 36" front to back). Here is a pic.

That's an awesome set up! i think ill start out with two rows of three and go from there. My tank will be a peninsula set up so my main concern is lighting the center. Now i need to decide on the sol or phoenix model. I looked at the ecotech radion but it seems way too expensive.

Steve

Waiting to see the spread info for the phoenix before deciding. I know the phoenix is supposed to be stronger but im very curious about the spread.

Steve

I think there will be another mounting option for the Phoenix instead of the wire hanger, like a solid rail. Don't know it the Sol is compatible with it or not.

Im probably about 3 moonths away from having to make a decision so hopefully there will be others that purchase the phoenix and post some feed back. I was also looking at the sfiligoi genesis led and while it looks amazing....it would run me almost $5k for the lights.

Steve

I was just told that the Sol fixture will still be the best bet for deeper tanks like the one I am planning because the "phoenix" will have a very even spread with no option for the 40 and 70 degree optics.

Back