How to clean a Tunze pump and what to do about a driver alarm.

The drivers are no longer made and have been out of stock since February. They cannot be repaired. Your assessment may be correct but the 7240.270 driver was stronger, it was made to support the wavebox and 6200 and its development coincided with those pumps which needed a higher starting power. My guess is that the pumps are partially jammed or the drive units are worn past the optimal point and that it is not a bad driver, it is just the 7240.270 can produce more power to overcome the higher drag of worn or dirty drive units. 7240.270 came out in late 2004 so we have to assume at least the older pump was made before late 2004 and if the drive unit is still original it is past due for replacement, 6100.700 may solve the problem.

Hi there, I have a 6100.10 attached to 7240.27 driver. Alarm has been going off even after cleaning and soaking in diluted vinegar solution. Can i send this item in for servicing and please confirm shipping address. thanks

We only handle the sales and service for the US, you would need to contact Phil Gilbert and Xenia, he is the distributor for Canada.

Sorry, is that "Phil Gilbert" aka "Xenia" on RC, or are those two separate individuals? If so are they both on RC? (I ask since I'm in Canada too and since my problem sounds similar to thichmt's - only that I have one of the older drivers as well as the newer). I was going to try a replacement drive unit as you've suggested since this is an inexpensive experiment to see if it fixes things for me. Failing that then I could maybe contact the distribution point for Canada since that's where I am. Thanks!

Hey, I spoke with you over the phone today regarding my tunze turbelle stream 6101 not working. I followed the instructions and disassembled the impeller (which was stuck in the housing as mentioned in the procedures) I cleaned it and soaked it in vinegar. I plugged ot back in and Im still getting the beeping and the pump is not pushing any water. I can hear the pump running but the impeller won't kick on. What do I need to do?

Send it in, if we cannot repair it, we will discount an upgrade to a 6105, it sounds like you have a 6100, 6101 had no alarm. My guess is the pump is labeled 6100.100 or it may be a very last model 6100.100 with 6101 sticker.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Be sure to include return address and phone number.

Roger, I have a 6201, has rectangular transformer number 6300.240. Pump no longer works, impeller moves freely but it will not come on. When I put transformer on a 2nd 6201 that pump works fine. Can I send for repair? If so could you please provide address?

Bill

Bill,

They are a sealed unit, and there is little that can be done unless it is just an impeller issue, but I am happy to check it out and worst case scenario, we will discount a new pump.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Send it in, if we cannot repair it, we will discount an upgrade to a 6105, it sounds like you have a 6100, 6101 had no alarm. My guess is the pump is labeled 6100.100 or it may be a very last model 6100.100 with 6101 sticker.

Hey man, i sent the pump out today, LMK if u need anything else thanks for the great customer service thus far :)

Hi Roger,

I have one older model 6200 or 6201 pump (round puck power supply, aluminum box controller) that is not working, and when I plug it in the alarm sounds. Can this pump be serviced? It doesn't appear broken, as the shaft/magnet looks OK and was not blocked.

I also have a 7095 that is not working. I have two 7095s and tested the same pumps with both. I still have the same symptoms reported in the message I sent you in Aug (below). Can this be serviced?

Please advise...

Thanks.

Jonathon

rvitko said:
What model pumps are being used? My best guess is one pump has an issue and I would try adding the pumps back to the controller 1 at a time.

Crabby2004 said:
I have a 7095 controller that was controlling 4 pumps. Recently all of the lights started flashing, with cycling between the left and right pairs of pumps, and cycling between 100% and low power. The flashing is fast (cycles at about 1 flash per 0.5s).

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,

It is unlikely the 6200 can be saved, I would have to see it, but if the drive unit is in good shape, the cause would be a dead motor and the motor is no longer made.

Regarding the 7095, there is very little that can be repaired, generally the board must be replaced.

You are welcome to send them both in.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Roger,

The new controller and y-adapter has been running for a couple of weeks now with no issues until today. I heard the controller alarm going off (high pitched whine noise) and noticed that one of the pumps that is paired on a y-adapter channel was not running. When I unplugged that pump the whine did not stop. However, when I unplugged the other pump from that y-adapter channel, the whine did stop and the pump that was previously not running started to run again.

Suggestions as to what might be going on and what needs to be fixed?

Thanks!

Usually an alarm is a pump issue, the pump is partially jammed by calcium build up or a foreign object and needs to be cleaned.

I would check this first and if that does not solve it try running the pumps directly connected to the controller, it may be the Y adapter but this would be unusual

Hey Roger,
Long time buddy.

I have a question for you.
I have an old school 6200 and the driver alarm went off.
I had just cleaned it but I took it out and cleaned it again.
I plugged it in and it ran fine for a few days then the alarm went off.
I unplugged it, waited for a few hours, plugged back in and it worked fine.
A few days later the alarm has gone off again.

Is this something I can send to you for service?
I understand that this pump is years out of warranty.

Thanks,
Sean

Yes, of course. I suspect either it needs a new drive unit or possibly just a new bearing. Good to see you around, Happy Memorial Day!

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Is this address still current to send in pumps for repairs? I have a 6100 I cleaned and am still getting the driver alarm.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Thanks
Norm Morton

Back