How to fight moisture damage on inside of canopy?

I was going to do that but I also have a little moisture damage on the sides of the canopy as well? Not nearly as much as the top but still some. I thought it might be a good idea to seal that up while I was in there?

I sealed the joints with DAP caulk, then painted the interior with Kilz Premium white sealant. I did this for both my canopy and stand. I also drilled 3 x 4" heat vents on the top of the canopy to allow heat to rise out. I installed 2 x 4" computer case fans on the sides of the canopy to draw cool air in. The setup worked well for me, and prevented my 8x80W Tek Light fixture from overheating or transferring heat to the tank.

Could just get some fiberglass resin. mix it up the paint it on the inside of the canopy. Make it nice and thick, If you put enough the canopy will be totally waterproof.

I sealed the joints with DAP caulk, then painted the interior with Kilz Premium white sealant. I did this for both my canopy and stand. I also drilled 3 x 4" heat vents on the top of the canopy to allow heat to rise out. I installed 2 x 4" computer case fans on the sides of the canopy to draw cool air in. The setup worked well for me, and prevented my 8x80W Tek Light fixture from overheating or transferring heat to the tank.

Do you get a lot of light bleed where you put the fans? Did you do anything to hide the venting? I'm not a fan of light bleed. I know there will be some but I'd like to keep it minimal. I was thinking about just installing some fans from the back side of the canopy.

The way my fans were positioned, I did not get significant light bleed. Plus my canopy was 72" long, and my fixture only 60" long, so the fixture wasn't right up against the fan. I did not hide the venting at the top of the canopy because it was not visible unless you went on a step ladder and looked down.

Back