How to improve Duncan tentacle extension?

djryan2000

My Duncan coral has virtually no tentacle extension and I'm wondering what I can do to improve it. I read a post saying reduced tentacle extension occurs from high flow but I wouldn't consider my tank a high flow tank and I've seen them in SPS tanks really extended. I'm open to any other ideas

afdf52726c166a0ae88b5eed09c9d41e.jpg

044034039039ed1990f9f879c065da5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried feeding them?

I feed mine mysis once per week.

I have one under pretty strong flow, extremely long tentacles.

Have you tried feeding them?

I feed mine mysis once per week.

I have one under pretty strong flow, extremely long tentacles.

I haven't tried feeding them - I'll definitely give it a try! Do you give each of the heads mysis or just one / a couple?

You can give each head a mysis or two, but you only have 4 heads. Mine has to many to count, so I just squirt some in it's direction once a week. They also capture food from the daily tank feedings.

Just don't overfeed. Direct once/wk is fine.

Ducans

Ducans

I seem to have the same issue with 2 of the three in the tank. I can try some direct feeding I guess
As an aside, What app are you using to keep your chemistry values It looks cool

Thamks

I seem to have the same issue with 2 of the three in the tank. I can try some direct feeding I guess
As an aside, What app are you using to keep your chemistry values It looks cool

Thamks

I use ReefTrace!

Duncan's are temperamental from what I've seen. Mine was closed for an entire month with nothing else wrong in the tank. I moved him around every month till I found a spot he liked in low flow half under a rock. Last month it went from 1 head to 9 (most are still really small). So once you find a spot it likes you'll know

Back