I never paid $600 for these

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8120186#post8120186 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reef runt
picture-2.jpg

there

IMO the zoos pictured (colony above) are not nearly as orange as the envy oranges. Just my observations.

I'm not conviced either, but it could just be a matter of the proper lighting, camera, etc.

However, if they were really the same, I sure as hell wouldn't let all that calupa grow any where near a colony like that.

The picture is a bit blurry, but it doesn't look like there are the darker centers around the mouths, like in the RPE/OPE. Those may be the real deal. Wow. I've never seen more than a few polyps at once. Got any clearer pics?

Without macro shots, I would have to say that they are the real deal. It just goes to prove that the price of these things are insane! Hopefully more will be brought in, (just enough to aquaculture and share with all reefers interested), then the prices won't be so insane!

They were $100 a polyp for a long time and I thought that was a bit crazy. Then I saw $600 per polyp and I still don't believe it.

Let us know how the growth is with them. They are supposed "slow growers", but with a large colony, hopefully your luck will be different.

I have seen the real envy ornages in person and I just don't think the ones in the picture have enough orange to them (even with a bad pic) to be the real thing. Any way to get a better picture?

I also have a colony similar to those, but they are much darker. I'll get a pic, but I don't know how to post it, lol. I'll put it on my site, then link it.

I would say that those are the closest to the real thing I have seen....But they look like a RPE that has lost a little red in them, I have and RPE that was bleached and is in the process of coming back in to it's color and kinda looks like that but no where near OE....That colony is sweet no matter what.....Take care of them and they will be awsome for a long, long time.

Umm...2 people is a lot? I'm sorry I don't have a $400 camera on hand...i'm taking a pic right now of them in my 75 reef. I'll get a top-down pic, because it should be clearer.

I appologize, a couple. I would love to see some more pics. I know the price is a high, but the envy orange zoanthids are very rare. Any digital camera should be able to take a decent picture able to at least see a little color and clarity.

Yes, but the tank they were in previously (the first pic of mine) was strangely cloudy, (I know, sounds like en excuse, but it's not) so I moved them to my 75 gallon. I took pics of them with 10k, and actinics, and then only actinics. Top down pics worked the best. I'm uploading them to my site right now.

Back