I notice alot of people selling or parting out their setups? Whats up?

well i just posted 2 FS thread and 2 PIF threads. in retrospect, could have done 1 FS and 1 PIF but i was juggling getting kids settled and trying to get the posts up so i can take my extra tank down. didn't realize posting those threads irritated folks. i'll keep that in mind in the future.

You guys should be philosophers. Here, have some pizza. I wanted to be all angry back but I got tired of it.

Best_Cookie-20.jpg

Well, this is fun! While I wholeheartedly agree with what you're all saying, and would most definitely appreciate more threads of substance, I am one of the VERY guilty of creating mass FS threads of late. I, however, do not see this as a detriment, but a benefit. If I have something that someone else in the area may find a use for at a discounted price, then I am doing a public service by offering it locally first, then proceeding to the "big board" and offering it nationally. I for one, prefer to buy something that I need from a local source and someone I know before dealing with the shipping/unknown route. Likewise, if I need something, as Mark did, ask. I may not need what you're selling, but you never know, and I appreciate the offer.
So, before I drone on, I like the FS/WTB threads, but cherish the "substance" threads. I even like the "Were Sorry" types of thread and other OT's that bring interesting topics to light(until they begin to get out of hand). I don't even want these to slow down. I only want to add additional topics for discussion. The way I see it, if you don't like FS/WTB topics, or have gotten tired of threads that have gotten out of hand or down right annoying, it's very easy to just ignore them! Unsubscribe and don't click on the link to see what everyone else has to say. And if you MUST rebut what someone has said, consider a PM before blasting them to the public. If you're gonna be rude, do it in private.
OK, off my soap box.

Kevin didn't you start enough trouble this week:lol:

Kenny, I cant speak for the others but i have nothing wrong with your FS threads, etc. I think where it can get maybe old to some is when you look on the first page or so and all there is are FS threads etc and nothing about about reef talk and reef projects, tank pics , tank frustrations. lighting questions, skimmer issues , should i upgrade. Whats a good RO/DI unit.

I love threads like these some i am clueless on, ok most.

Mark sorry if my first post was calling you out i went and reread it and i didn't mean for it to be so harsh or as if i was calling you out in anyway.

I had no issues as i stated with your threads about needing stuff for your build.

I for one appreciate the good deals to be found on a forum where all like minded members are also within driving range...!
I also love to read a good thread, many of which I have learened from.
I love it when people share pics, new ideas, problems to solve, even their frusterations...
We are the newest chapter in a never-ending unwritten story among the reef comunity... what mark will we choose to leave for others to learn from?

;)

Its kinda funny that people are getting tired of FS threads on this forum, and on our NVR forum people are upset that we dont allow FS threads.
I think we all need to take a deep breath and realize that we are all here to enjoy this cool hobby.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12203447#post12203447 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bdimas
Its kinda funny that people are getting tired of FS threads on this forum, and on our NVR forum people are upset that we dont allow FS threads.
I think we all need to take a deep breath and realize that we are all here to enjoy this cool hobby.

You want to know what else is funny Byran, I started this discussion and no where did I write FS threads are bad and I am against them :lol)

Mark OT but i wanna see new cool Pics of the tank! Well its not really OT but your pics always remind me what to shoot for and why i love this very expensive, makes my wife irritable, hobby. lol.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12203596#post12203596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by D&KSac
Mark OT but i wanna see new cool Pics of the tank! Well its not really OT but your pics always remind me what to shoot for and why i love this very expensive, makes my wife irritable, hobby. lol.

No problem David. Check out my tank thread. There are some recent ones there. I am getting some more goodies that swim this morning. I am sure there might be an update sometime soon.

BTW, I think I want to add another breaker, you game? I'll do all the crawling again. ;)

Ive been checking out your thread. :) That thing looks great! What are you picking up im sure you have it planned out.

Sure im game just let me know when you want to go mud diving. lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12200900#post12200900 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Marko9
I know Pete "Black kettle" ;) Food for thought, when is the last time you have seen a decent reef discussion here or even a picture thread of local tanks where people actually join in :p

I don't disagree with you. I was feeling a bit snarky. This whole thing with the admins got me a bit riled (sp?) up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12201563#post12201563 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dots
IT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY, that we are so graciously squatting on at the will of the landlords

Doug, I hear this sentiment over and over, so this is a general rant of mine and you happened to be the most recent messenger.

We (the collective squatters) are the reason the sponsors spend their precious advertising dollars on RC. The respect needs to go both ways (between users and admins).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12204247#post12204247 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by D&KSac
Ive been checking out your thread. :) That thing looks great! What are you picking up im sure you have it planned out.

Sure im game just let me know when you want to go mud diving. lol

Sweet. I want to let it dry out a little more. I am debating putting the chiller in my crawlspace under the house for better ambient air and humidity.

Not a good morning. Notice the wet packing paper. Its always the one fish/coral you put the order in because as well. :(

swbskt001.jpg

Bummer man... Sorry to hear about the loss.

If you can swing the chiller in the crawlspace that might be cool. As always, be careful about water in the winter though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12204677#post12204677 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by petes97
Bummer man... Sorry to hear about the loss.

If you can swing the chiller in the crawlspace that might be cool. As always, be careful about water in the winter though.

I ran a trial this winter where I put 1 gallon jugs under there and checked them when it was the coldest. They did not freeze and that was stationary water, so that was the 1st part of my experiment. Gook looking out though. Thanks

Back