I remember when.......

Tank2379

Reefing was fun and we all traded and shared ideas amongst each other. Wonder if that would ever come back to this community one day?.

There was a day when you would have to scroll 3 pages if you were gone all day. Now you can go a week and not miss much.

Yiu do on the forum for sure. Not in this part though. RC remains very useful

Remember when a colony was a 5x6 rock fully encrusted coral. Now you get a frag plug called a colony with 8-10 heads

I have been on the down low for the last couple of years. I just started looking at this forum and was amazed and saddened how little traffic there is. It went from a boom town to a ghost town. I'm really hoping it's a slow Reef time of year....

I have been on the down low for the last couple of years. I just started looking at this forum and was amazed and saddened how little traffic there is. It went from a boom town to a ghost town. I'm really hoping it's a slow Reef time of year....

Nope. Many fled to different forum because could not follow clear and reasonable rules here. Traffic yes but reef discussion no.

there are so many poeple getting out of the hobby. they want out so bad that there giving there stuff AWAY! it discouraging that you payed 10 to 15 lbs for live rock and u can't sell it for a buck a pound.. BS. more then half the retail stores are gone as well. we should start a forum for saltwater addicts. call it Salt Water Addiction Therapy. and you have to have at least 3 tanks and been in the game for 10 years.

Saltwater from 1986 to 1994. Was breeding clownfish in `92. Back in the game in 2010. Seven tanks, 51 fish, and many many corals. I used to post a lot but became frustrated at the large amount of people who cling to old ideas even in the face of evidence. I see many people getting out of the hobby because they say they follow all the "rules" the guy at the LFS tells them and the tank still crashes.

Back