I saw this on another Club's fourm

Fully agree. I'm on FRAG(PHX local group) and everyone wants handouts. Their are so many people in that group that just buy and sell corals in an attempt to make a profit. When I recently broke down my tank, I got lowballed on EVERYTHING. It was very annoying to say the least, and to make it worse they fragged most of my large colonies and sold them.:furious:

I haven't been in the hobby very long(~4Yrs), but I've seen the prices from locals go through the roof.

Reefer turned retail.:thumbdown

EDIT: my rant referring to the first post :)

Last edited:
i agree. if i sell frags i dont think id sell for more then 20....unless its a colony...and also how i got it is important too...things i get for free i give for free. plain and simple.

i agree. if i sell frags i dont think id sell for more then 20....unless its a colony...and also how i got it is important too...things i get for free i give for free. plain and simple.

If more people were like that.. it'd be friggn great.

Its always nice to "recoup" some of the cost of being involved of this hobby.. but if I could get the highly coveted "blue hornet" or w/e color hornet zoanthids on the cheap, then I would sell them on the cheap.

Some people look at this hobby and see $$ for some reason.

In reality - I find my self wondering how some vendors actually stay open or even have selling coral/fish as a full-time/career type job.

Why do you think any of that should be commented on our club forum?

No one in this club shows any of what you think makes sense. There's no room for non-sense here, so please keep it out.

Don't take it personally, Doc. I've been following the thread Anthony linked, and if you read it, or even skim it, I'm sure you'll get a better understanding of why Anthony posted about it here. He's reacting to something that IS going on in our hobby, although I get no indication of it going on in this club.
There are people out there making a mint off this hobby, and I find that trying to curb that behavior takes more and more RC staff time every day. You want to see where it's really bad, look at some of these frag selling web sites. $150.00 for a single eye of some Chalice, 3 polyps of some exotically named Zoanthid for $300.00, etc.
It's nuts out there, Bro. None of that is a reflection on this club. Other clubs, even some with forums on this site, :strooper:

Back