ID this ORA coral?

GSMguy

sold as ORA tort what do you think ?????
IMG_6968.jpg

Maybe someone that has one can speak up but it kinda looks like the new ORA Roscoe frag.

what colors are the polyps?? If they are green then maybe it is. I can not tell. It looks like the tips are all damaged. I have the roscoe it does not look like his. But maybe due to the fact its messed up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9518320#post9518320 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by checkinhawk
it looks like an ORA blue green tort,does it look like this?

ORAbgtortmacro.jpg

i think thats it we shall see what it looks like in a month

i was told ora tort by a LFS that knows their stuff RC sponser

it is an ORA tort,just a beat up one :)
in a few weeks it will look great,mine had some stn and came back strong.

I bought one as an ORA Tort from the same LFS about 3 weeks ago... It is definately an ORA Blue Green Tort. Mine was the biggest Tort on a plug he had. I also picked up the ORA Purple Polyped Bird Nest at the same time.

ORA is producing some amazing corals lately. I got a discount for buying two of them and I got the last purple birdsnest he had. If your tank is healthy it should come roaring back. I also bought the ORA German Blue frag from their as well. All three are doing great and the Purple nest has already thrown off about 10 small new branches.

Dan is the man...when it comes to his livestock.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9523233#post9523233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lawdog
I bought one as an ORA Tort from the same LFS about 3 weeks ago... It is definately an ORA Blue Green Tort. Mine was the biggest Tort on a plug he had. I also picked up the ORA Purple Polyped Bird Nest at the same time.

ORA is producing some amazing corals lately. I got a discount for buying two of them and I got the last purple birdsnest he had. If your tank is healthy it should come roaring back. I also bought the ORA German Blue frag from their as well. All three are doing great and the Purple nest has already thrown off about 10 small new branches.

Dan is the man...when it comes to his livestock.

dan wasnt there but he and shawn are awsome the LFS is Salty Critter.
i happlily drive the hour and a half up there for any corals

i got a frag of purple Bnest months ago its a slow grower

also got some blue bottlebrush last time as well
IMG_6941.jpg

That really does not look like ORA Tort, it looks a lot more like the ORA A. valida that they sell.

Here's an example:

val_1-01-01-1.jpg

pic is from Extreme Corals website.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9523839#post9523839 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kozmo02
That really does not look like ORA Tort, it looks a lot more like the ORA A. valida that they sell.

Here's an example:

val_1-01-01-1.jpg

pic is from Extreme Corals website.

looks closer to it actually

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have not ordered the Validia from them. It was sold to us as the tort and we had gotten two shipments of I like 6 each in them in a short time. The others I have ordered that are only remotely similar are the Roscoe and the Chips, the rest were definately even less similar. I have one in my tank which has the same structure like Craig as well though in my tank the color has become lighter overall and the polyps have lost the green.

ORA Blue tort looks like to me

ORA Blue tort looks like to me

Here's mine it looks like it IMO( yours is beat up but b patient)

IMG_2348.jpg
[/IMG]

so you think its ORA Blue Green tort?

BTW, Shawnz28 the smaller frag you threw in is doing great but the bigger one continues to RTN should i clip the dead stuff again? Is only a couple tips so i was going to leave it a week see what it does

where do you have yours in the tank folks ?

Back